• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Mooooooody

S

shell05

Hiya all, its taken me about 3 weeks to finally pluck up the courage to write something so here goes.
I have been with my girlfriend for a year and in that time I feel like we've been through it all already. I knew she had depression when we first met but recently her GP has suggested she undergo test for Bipolar, what worries me is if it is Bipolar will she get worse?

As is it her moods are pretty off the scale! Shes either high and manic or the worlds against her and shes cutting herself.
I'm only just starting to see the signs of what mood shes in and how to deal with them. I've realized that when shes angry and blowing her top about something it means shes scared and when shes distant, although its hard to be there for someone that keeps pushing you away, all she really needs is to be held.

She can be like two different people and even the look in her eye is different but I know to just let her blow off steam then she'll come round.
I've cut this as short as I can because there is alot more I could say but I'm sure you all know where I'm coming from, I hope!
I suppose I just wanted to know I'm not alone in this.

Thanks

T

teddybear2067

Heey

As someone with bipolar, I'd say your girlfriend has bipolar. She sounds a lot like me and I know that's got to be tough to handle.

What you've got to understand is that if she hasn't been properly diagnosed yet she will be so confused about what's going on with her and will have no idea how to deal with it (hence the cutting herself, probably). She will be irrational and moody on the best of the bad days and sometimes she'll just be downright crazy. I don't like to use the word crazy, but it's how I describe myself at those times, and I dont mean it with bad intentions.

You sound like a really caring and devoted to her, which is amazing. It's doubtful she'll appreciate you most of the time, but she will eventually, don't worry. At this point, she is going through a hell of a lot and she needs to think about herself. Not in a selfish way, that's just how it is. With you there to support her, she will have a much easier time in getting over her ordeal to be able to go through her life again and live with her condition.

I wish her and you the best in everything. x

Last edited:
S

shell05

Thanks for the reply it made alot of sense to me. I know what you mean about the 'crazy' part too.

You described her perfectly and sometimes it is very difficult to be patient with her but I really do appreciate you taking the time to reply as I don't talk to anyone about this.

Thanks again, take care.