Mood Swings

L

lilahwantstobehappy

My mood swings are absolutely horrendous. I don't know how to control them properly. I always feel like I'm going crazy. My mom says that I'm a drama queen, and my sister treats me like I'm an idiot. I feel so unheard and misunderstood. I don't know what to do about it anymore. I need to go back to therapy, and I need to go regularly. This is a battle I have to fight by myself. God, help me.

BPDevil

BPDevil

you aren't crazy for having intense emotions, but I do agree that going back to therapy and explaining this may help and get to the root of the problem or help you manage

L

lilahwantstobehappy

Yeah. It's gotten completely out of hand. One day I'm super happy and the next I'm in a downward spiral.

L

lilahwantstobehappy

I do have really helpful prescriptions. It just takes a long time to recover mentally from every time I have them. Thanks for the support.

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Is it thoughts that seem to trigger mood swings most of the time or situations and people?

Cognitive therapies are very helpful in providing some tools to manage emotions and thoughts. When I was a much bigger mess, CBT was a big help though when my symptoms were raging I had a really hard time making use of therapy. It took all my energy to maintain.

L

lilahwantstobehappy

Thoughts, situations, and people combined play into the mood swings I have. CBT didn't really benefit me at all; I couldn't truly reveal everything to my therapist. It just didn't work.

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

I am sorry to hear the therapy wasnt helpful though it's encouraging to know the medications are working to some effect. Was it that the particular therapist you saw who didn't click with you do you think? I don't mean to suggest it's ever a simple matter to open up to a stranger or even to strangers here in this space. Sometimes it is easier to be open with peers and should you feel you want to be, know that you'll be recieved with compassion and understanding.