• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Mood Swings in SAME DAY???

M

MHFPokeplantz

Im not diagnosed w ANY mood disorder so far (diagnosis takes too long anyway), though both Anxiety and Depression have been diagnosed.
But I feel SUDDEN swings and theyre often Drastic, and I know Bipolar tends to last for days weeks monthes, what makes my case more distant from a Bipolar case

Does anyone know specifically what types of things could it be??? I know theres strong chance of being BPD because of my other symptoms, but WHAT IF theres specific mood issues that makes them vary IN THE SAME DAY (worth noting it DOESNT happen everyday necessarily, but still Veeeeery often), like Cyclothymia that I dont know much about, etc

+ I DONT want diagnosis from here or am looking for one, I just 'd like to have idea(s) in case Im missing a spot or possibility, it could be even better for when I get to a professional

B

Blackwolf

I had daily mood swings before I was put on mood stabilizers. It went from depression, no energy, leave me alone, stay in bed to for example party in the evening, reckless behaviour etc. I got diagnosed with BPD, I still have mood swings on meds, but less often and less intense

C

CabbageMama

I had this, the Psychiatrist said it was extreme rapid cycling. The medications seem to have calmed it and I am away from most causes of stress with exacerbated it.

HLon99

HLon99

Sound like mixed state or ultrarapid/ultradiem cycling bipolar. Bipolar people who have been diadiagnosed with anxiety and depression and given antidepressants often experience this effect since antidepressant trigger the cycling of bipolar episodes. Get yourself assessed by a psychiatrist and look into mood stabilisers.

M

MHFPokeplantz

I had daily mood swings before I was put on mood stabilizers. It went from depression, no energy, leave me alone, stay in bed to for example party in the evening, reckless behaviour etc. I got diagnosed with BPD, I still have mood swings on meds, but less often and less intense
Good to know, and a bit similar to me (though nowadays out of meds)
Answer if youre ok about it, but how long +- did your BPD diagnosis take? It seems sometimes to take eternity

M

MHFPokeplantz

I had this, the Psychiatrist said it was extreme rapid cycling. The medications seem to have calmed it and I am away from most causes of stress with exacerbated it.
Good to know, thx

M

MHFPokeplantz

Sound like mixed state or ultrarapid/ultradiem cycling bipolar. Bipolar people who have been diadiagnosed with anxiety and depression and given antidepressants often experience this effect since antidepressant trigger the cycling of bipolar episodes. Get yourself assessed by a psychiatrist and look into mood stabilisers.
Ill probably need Psychiatrist sometime really

B

Blackwolf

Good to know, and a bit similar to me (though nowadays out of meds)
Answer if youre ok about it, but how long +- did your BPD diagnosis take? It seems sometimes to take eternity
It's hard to tell. I ve started feeling bad when I was 13. First time I went to psychiatrist when I was 16. She said I have depression and anxiety. I got meds and it was good for a while. Then I was off meds for a year and when I was 20 i went to another psychiatrist, he thought I have BPD or bipolar but he destroyed me with meds and I ended up in hospital where they gave me a diagnosis, BPD, depression and anxiety. At the time I was 21. Psychiatrist there told me that the diagnosis is quite obvious after talking with me and looking at my past. So it might be quicker if I ve met right doctor earlier. In my opinion it took a year or two, becouse earlier I was a child so they wouldn't diagnose it

M

MHFPokeplantz

It's hard to tell. I ve started feeling bad when I was 13. First time I went to psychiatrist when I was 16. She said I have depression and anxiety. I got meds and it was good for a while. Then I was off meds for a year and when I was 20 i went to another psychiatrist, he thought I have BPD or bipolar but he destroyed me with meds and I ended up in hospital where they gave me a diagnosis, BPD, depression and anxiety. At the time I was 21. Psychiatrist there told me that the diagnosis is quite obvious after talking with me and looking at my past. So it might be quicker if I ve met right doctor earlier. In my opinion it took a year or two, becouse earlier I was a child so they wouldn't diagnose it
Got it, thx
Your other BPD symptoms are overall ok?

M

MHFPokeplantz

Im a little similar :low: except derealization
Best wishes