• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

mood stabilizers

C

cole

hey i just came back from my doc am on lithium diazepam thyroxine and seroquel.she said she wants to put me on another mood stabilizer as well as my lithium.is this normal? why do i need two? any thots?

M

memyself and b

oh god how do you find mood stabilizers?? i tried carbermazapine yrs ago and it made me feel emotionless, docs keep trying to get me to try more but im not so sure, on citalopram at mo????

S

shell

I'm on two just started the second one hasn't made much differnce to the depression I don't think :(

M

memyself and b

if i dont take my citalopram my depression is unbearable, i cry uncontrollably, rock in corners,self harm etc etc:unsure:

S

shell

I wish my pdoc would give me an ad but he hasn't so far :(

D

DELATEXT

question

why not ask your doctor to explain why they are giving meds ??
you've every right to have it explained to you, and why it's being prescribed ??

just a thought

:tea:

C

cole

thanks everyone i did ask and she said it would help.i am currently on 30mg diazepam,800mg lithium,800mg seroquel.thats a lot am not sure i want to go on somethin new again. am thinkin bout it sayin no.any thots?

N

Notnutshonest

Hi im new and im just wondering...........

Hi ive just discovered this group and having recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder :( and an finding it hard to cope.:mad::( I am wondering if it is worth asking the doc about mood stabilizers.............. what would you recommend? x

M

mad as a hatter

mood stabilizers r crap i wish i,d never started the things i can,t shift this depression i,ve got they keep the high,s a bay tho that,s for sure but other wise i wouldn,t bother with them and they won,t change mine either so i,ve just 2 stay like this for the rest my life it seems

dib4uk

dib4uk

Hi ive just discovered this group and having recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder :( and an finding it hard to cope.:mad::( I am wondering if it is worth asking the doc about mood stabilizers.............. what would you recommend? x
Yes if your finding that your moods are hard to manage have a word with him or her... it wont hurt in asking. I was diganosed with emotionally unstable personality disorder and am being treated for biploa= cyclothymia infact... I'm taking ablifify i think thats the name without trying to find the box.