• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Mood staberlisers.

dib4uk

dib4uk

Hi everyone, just a quick question.

This morning I saw my new psychiatrist- rather dishy he is but by the by he perscribed me Abliify- which is the trade name of Aripiprazole.

I was adviced to take it once a day in the morning, so I did what was required, but about two hours later I was violently ill and had to cancel my voluntary work.

Has anyone else been prescribed this medication for mood swings?

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I took this as an antipsychotic last year I was on it for about 3 months but i shook so violently i came off it. I couldnt use my laptop for shaking and found it difficult to feed myself. Even after i stopped taking them it still took 2-3 months before the shaking stopped

What was it that made u so ill.

dib4uk

dib4uk

I took this as an antipsychotic last year I was on it for about 3 months but i shook so violently i came off it. I couldnt use my laptop for shaking and found it difficult to feed myself. Even after i stopped taking them it still took 2-3 months before the shaking stopped

What was it that made u so ill.
I'm just guessing that its a side effect? Never took these before. Feel slightly like i have a hangover.

Weird right?

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi dib, i felt as though someone was inside my body pulling at my muscles and making them twitch. It was a really awful sensation. Its now been added to my ever growing list of cant take pills:)

dib4uk

dib4uk

Hi dib, i felt as though someone was inside my body pulling at my muscles and making them twitch. It was a really awful sensation. Its now been added to my ever growing list of cant take pills:)
Hey Daffy hon, sadly for every one drug that works for you, theres another one that dont work for whatever the reason. My body is begning to tolerate Abilify- I have my breakfast first and then take the tablet.

:grouphug:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi Dib, youve prob gone off by now. Not everone has bad effects I was just becoming exhauseted thru the constant moving. Plus i dont sleep well at night. Sometimes i read other times i come on here.o Other times i read

dib4uk

dib4uk

Hi Dib, youve prob gone off by now. Not everone has bad effects I was just becoming exhauseted thru the constant moving. Plus i dont sleep well at night. Sometimes i read other times i come on here.o Other times i read
Hey Daffy, sorry it took a while to get back to you.

The sickness for me is nearly gone after a week, I eat something and inbetween eating breakfast I take the pill... Yet another symptom/side effect is that i over heat- and it looks like i'm having a hot flush!

Sleeping wise, meh, I go to bed late and wake up early.

:)