• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Mood drop

getting better

getting better

I've gone from feeling really great for 8 weeks to feeling really crappy today. The change in mood is for apparently no reason. Why does this happen?? :(

emski

emski

I ask myself the same question. I've had a lot going on, but not enough to really make me depressed, yet I feel I have dropped in mood a bit. There'll be a reason why this happens but I don't know. Nature of bipolar? Mood swings! Crash after a high? :hug:

getting better

getting better

Crash after a high is so right. I feel almost physically shocked and sick at the way my mood has dropped so suddenly. The trouble is if there is no reason for the drop in mood then there is no way to think it through and solve the problem.

emski

emski

I find even when there is a trigger for a mood change that it doesn't help much to overanalyse it anyway. Bipolar is a mystic unfathomable force I feel. Thinking too much doesn't do much good.

"Lose you mind and come to your senses" Fritz Perls

:flowers:

getting better

getting better

I think that's my main problem, I overanalyse everything. I wish I could just turn my brain off for ten minutes to stop the thoughts from flashing past..over and over.......... It's bad enough when I'm feeling good but on bad days like today it's torchure.

T

TOONAFISH

:hug:

i posted about this the other day. i have been feeling well for months, and i had a sick bug and couldnt takemeds. have been feeling crap since. this is day 6 and i just want to eat junk, lie in bed and watch funny films. cant be bothered with much else. but since i have a family that dont know how im feeling i have been doing lots of things which seems t o help.

can you do anything nice to treat yourself?? maybe wont make you happy as anything but maybe lift you a wee bit??

i know how you feel anyway.

xx

getting better

getting better

Thanks, Toonafish (love the name.) I'm watching horror films and stuffing my face with chocolate right now. Tomorrow I'll try and do something fun. Hope you're feeling better now.