• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Mood diaries - panicking here.

B

Bigmouth_Strikes_Again

Since August 12th i've been writing a mood diary for my next psychiatrist appointment in October. The psychiatrist told me to buy a note pad and write a few lines each night.. I really struggle to hand write, its all unreadable nonsense.. so i've been typing it up each night. Do you think they'll accept it typed? Im trying to write it but its frustrating me and making me tearful. The psychiatrist was really scary and i'm terrified of doing anything to make him question me or be annoyed.

I probably sound so silly.

schiz01

schiz01

Im sure it would be fine to type it.....The whole point would be just to get an idea of your moods ,thoughts ect....
I often write down and rough list of things im concerned about or wish to discuss

S

*Sapphire*

In my opinion they would probably prefer you typed it. It will be alot clearer and more readable.

Please don't be scared of your psyche, he is a human being, not a God (even though they might feel they are). He is supposed to be there to help you, and if you can I would tell him that you don't think inciting fear into his patients is the NHS's policy of treating mental health conditions, respect, help, support and understanding is.

W

warriorprincess

Hey bigmouth, I'm a bit concerned that you've gone from august 12th til october before seeing anyone, what help have you had in the meantime? unless it's a typo maybe you meant a month earlier this year.

Don't worry how it is written down, i agree they'll probably prefer it typed but don't go stressing as i'm assuming you'll be there anyway if there was anything they didn't understand... also worried that you say you are scared of your psychiatrist - that is not what they are for, and if you're that scared then surely he's not treating you as best he can -he's treating the you that tries to say and do things to make him happy! which isn't the real you i'm sure. see how your next visit goes, but don't be afraid to ask for another person too - you don't even have to give a reason, just say you'd like to see who else is available if possible, for a second opinion etc.

good luck with your mood diary and i also recommend mood panda (website mentioned on above post) it is great i just don't make a regular enough habit of going on there but you may find it easier than writing things down and then typing them up.

xx

S

suzy

mood diaries depress me, I dont keep one as id hate someone to find it, so I keep it in my head. This is bad!

M

markeclipse

Hey bigmouth, I'm a bit concerned that you've gone from august 12th til october before seeing anyone, what help have you had in the meantime? unless it's a typo maybe you meant a month earlier this year.

Don't worry how it is written down, i agree they'll probably prefer it typed but don't go stressing as i'm assuming you'll be there anyway if there was anything they didn't understand... also worried that you say you are scared of your psychiatrist - that is not what they are for, and if you're that scared then surely he's not treating you as best he can -he's treating the you that tries to say and do things to make him happy! which isn't the real you i'm sure. see how your next visit goes, but don't be afraid to ask for another person too - you don't even have to give a reason, just say you'd like to see who else is available if possible, for a second opinion etc.

good luck with your mood diary and i also recommend mood panda (website mentioned on above post) it is great i just don't make a regular enough habit of going on there but you may find it easier than writing things down and then typing them up.

xx
yea i dnot like writing mood diaries on paper in case some one found it [that would be REALLY bad] i defo think online secure ones like moodpanda are the way forward :)

S

samanthajohnson

how did it go bigmouth? did u try Mood Panda ?