• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Mood booklets.

dib4uk

dib4uk

Hi all :)

I went to the psychiatrist on thursday for my apppointment, and at the end of it they suggested that i go on mood staberlisers, the problem is that the pyschiatrist is leaving- which caused me to well over react and start ranting like a mad thing.

But before I limped shaking my head from the office he gave me a mood diary.

Is this a good way to monitor moods- and another question, what if you have different moods all the time, how can i log that down....its like one day i wake up like uber confident, the next day like a grumpy old hermit...

For me everyday is a different situation. Can this mood diary help me to demonstrate my mood swings?:eek:

L

lite_

Hey there,

Actually its a fantastic way to do some creative writing. Do a little Rant and publish it :p

[edit] -- its good way to gain insight about stuff too

T

TabbyToes

I've used a mood diary on and off for years. I have found them really helpful. I used the one at psychiatry24x7.com before devising my own.

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Trouble with these mood diaries/booklets for me personally is when i'm feeling really low I cant even motivate myself to write my name let alone fill in a diary.

T

TabbyToes

Trouble with these mood diaries/booklets for me personally is when i'm feeling really low I cant even motivate myself to write my name let alone fill in a diary.
Which actually speaks volumes. I've done that before and just written 'couldn't be bothered' on those days, when I was feeling more motivated.

W

Wobbler

I have found keeping a diary quite good even though my mood fluctuates quite a bit. I agree though with what other people have said about when you feel really low its really difficult to keep going with it.

Sonofi Aventis do a really good mood tracker. Its a booklet that is small enough to carry anywhere. Its simple and very visual which is good.

Hope this helps
x

dib4uk

dib4uk

The mood diary has so far shown that my moods fluxuate lol

although i wonder cause the mood diary didnt put down when you sleep till what time it only asks for the hours- if my sleep cycle is disrupted that would impact on my moods?

For me a good patten of sleep would be- asleep at 11 orn 10 every night and then wake up at say 7 or 8.

So far my diary i've recorded different hours of sleep from 5 hours to 11 hours and different times of sleep- say midnight and then another night 5 am and then say 10 pm.

T

TabbyToes

if my sleep cycle is disrupted that would impact on my moods?
For me, yes ~ though I haven't yet worked out whether my moods cause my sleep to be poor or my sleep causes my mood to be poor or whether it's both...:unsure: