Money worries

S

StephanieJ

So I lost my job I was paid alot less than I was expecting an now cant do anything about it my benefits are next to nothing and the money in the bank wont cover half of my Bill's never mind food I have uniforms to buy for the kids starting school in just over a week so stressed trying to keep calm but my anxiety is through the roof I am awake every night having panic attacks in the bathroom so no1 finds out and I have had a head ache for 3 days dont know what to do just want to run away from everything

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
So I lost my job I was paid alot less than I was expecting an now cant do anything about it my benefits are next to nothing and the money in the bank wont cover half of my Bill's never mind food I have uniforms to buy for the kids starting school in just over a week so stressed trying to keep calm but my anxiety is through the roof I am awake every night having panic attacks in the bathroom so no1 finds out and I have had a head ache for 3 days dont know what to do just want to run away from everything
Sorry to hear you are going through such a rough time. I'm in a different location, so can't refer you to anything, but where I am, there are town and state services, plus independent organizations that help with bills and food expenses between jobs. Maybe an online search of your town's services could tell you if there's anything similar in your area.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
you could try contacting the citizens advise for advise on finances x I think there are places you can get second hand uniforms I will have a google
im sorry you are going through this it must be really really stressful
lots of love and welcome
Lu xxxx

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

you might also google your local town for second hand school uniforms or even ones that are being given away. some churches do this each year. and its very popular

TaurusLady

TaurusLady

I'm sorry to hear about your situation..
I'm in the same predicament where I am short of money.. Doesn't help your health issues, does it!?

My advice would be to stay calm and have faith in yourself. Things will work themselves out in the end!!

xx

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm so sorry to hear about your situation, sometimes it's possible to get an emergency loan from the DWP.
Ask the CAB they will assess if your on the right benefits.
Many towns have food banks.
We're here for support to
Take care

S

StephanieJ

Thank you everyone I will take a look and see the problem I have is my partner has earned too much for us to be entitled to any more benefits however what he earned was used in last months Bill's therefore leaves us short this month if that makes sense I just feel terrified I dont know what to prioritize I have never been in debt uve never not paid a bill on time I now have a mortgage a car and other Bill's how do I prioritize what first and how do I stop us falling down a debt spiral I'm terrified we will end up losing the house getting into serious trouble I dont have anyone to lend money off and I just dont know what to do I feel like it's all my fault if I hadn't of left my reliable job earlier in the year we would of been fine everything has just gone wrong since then I left my job my partner lost his job we both got new we were back on track then when I lost my job I was underpaid but with no paperwork I dint have any proof I'm now in bed over thinking again heart hurting and short of breath just feel defeated everytime things start to feel good I feel like I'm kicked back to the curb I'm annoyed at feeling sorry for myself an moping about but i just cant rationalise things atm dont know where to start sorry to ramble on and thank you to the replies I've had so far it does help to know I'm not the only one that feels like this

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

There are organisations that can help you to look at budgeting cos when you are on a tight budget having a plan does help.

CAB could maybe help you in that . when money is really tight I have had to treat life as a business plan as in things like the car and utility bills I know that they are due at certain times and start to plan but its not easy as a family unit I realise that.

also maybe consider and no you dont have to be a Christian to access this and they wont try to convert you

Being hard up means you have to plan everything and spontaneity goes out the window.

L

Lunar Lady

Hi Stephanie

There is a £150 Government grant for uniform - have linked you here

Get help with school uniform costs

I'm a lone parent and have only been receiving Universal Credit during a long period of illness - I know it's tough.

Please don't panic - the reality is that they are going back to school in a heatwave - you don't
need winter coats or boots - just the basics required. Will their old shoes do for a few weeks after a good polish?

If you get really stuck for funds, please don't forget cash converters - not too proud to say I've used them to pawn goods for quick cash. You can get an immediate cash loan against lap tops, ipads...televisions or whatever and you pay £9 to retrieve your item six weeks later. I prefer doing this to using credit cards or taking out loans, as you're not paying interest.

It's a bank holiday weekend so I'll be off to a car boot sale on Sunday morning to get rid of surplus, outgrown stuff and make some cash. If you have children's clothes or toys they sell within hours on Gumtree and the buyer collects.

Have a quiet think about exactly what you need - (one of everything till you get your next payment - can rinse and dry overnight.) and add up the cost - it's probably not half as bad as you think.

Sending lots of love and please don't feel alone...we're all struggling. It will be fine - promise x

J

Jules5

Everything will work out-there are people out there to help. Are you getting a new job soon? I am out of work and feel desparate. But I am okay things have a way of working out we must make sacifices though.

I am so sorry you are going through this right now. Another job will help and you will be okay. God speed Love and hugs Jules

S

StephanieJ

I have applied for a lot of jobs and had no luck as of yet I just feel like I've done all i can an I'm still going to struggle

L

Lunar Lady

Everything will work out-there are people out there to help. Are you getting a new job soon? I am out of work and feel desparate. But I am okay things have a way of working out we must make sacifices though.

I am so sorry you are going through this right now. Another job will help and you will be okay. God speed Love and hugs Jules

To be honest, we're fine. I'm a home cook, the Queen of bargain hunting and we're big on outdoor life...walks and bike rides are healthy and free. It's a little tight but I always find a way.

I'm not sure how long until I get my normal life back - been seriously ill since March and this illness can run for up to two years. Seen signs of improvement and then gone backwards again so it's hard to know. I'm not worrying about it - it's taught me patience and how to stop driving myself so hard...and these were lessons I needed to learn.

I did the uniform calculations last week, as my son is about to start secondary school. ;) Got him a great school rucksack (brand new, complete with label) from a charity shop for £2.50...I love those moments in life :D

L

Lunar Lady

Oops! Sorry!

Just realised you were talking to Stephanie and I replied :eek2:

Apologies, guys x

J

Jules5

No fears on struggling. This is just a passing moment. Never forget our moments in time some our good and some our bad. You seem to have a good head about you. You do not need my approval nor anyone elses right now You are doing okay making the best of your situation. Lots of hugs and love Jules who is now sitting outside smoking her cigarettes in 99 degrees weathe probably about 39 cel. God bless you and yours

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Anxiety Forum 9