• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Money related panic attacks

Fartoolong

Fartoolong

Please someone help me! Money is such a big trigger for me and sends me off my head!

Everytime I even think about looking into my bank account to check my balance, I get that familiar feeling wash over me. I start to hyperventilate, I cry uncontrollably and feel like nothing is in my control!

Why does money set this off so easily!
I've been in the best mood all week - just feeling really positive and happy. Then I go to the cash machine this morning to take out a measly tenna - and it tells me that my balance is insuffient. So I check my balance, and basically we've had a load of stuff come out that we wasn't expecting!

Well, i'm now sat here panicking!
L:mad:

T

todamax

money issues

hi,

i know from my own circumstances that the way i managed my finances caused me a tremendous amount of anxiety. i just seemed to get myself into more and more debt :(
its taken me alot of effort and will power to get to grips with the problem.
i am now in control and dont worry no where near as much as i used to.

try not to worry to much there are ways and means of dealing with this.
:)

S

*Sapphire*

Hi todamax and :welcome: to the forum,

I would be most interested to hear your ways and means of dealing with this?

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Money worries are a horrible thing..

I spent years avoiding opening letters and statements, answering phone calls

All of the above made me feel sick in the stomach.

One day something boke in me and I knew I had to stop burying my head.. I went to my bank, rung up creditors and I now have my debt at a manageble level. Things can be done.... You just need to ask to help.

CCCS are good..

CAB always there to help

T

todamax

take control

Money worries are a horrible thing..

I spent years avoiding opening letters and statements, answering phone calls

All of the above made me feel sick in the stomach.

One day something boke in me and I knew I had to stop burying my head.. I went to my bank, rung up creditors and I now have my debt at a manageble level. Things can be done.... You just need to ask to help.

CCCS are good..

CAB always there to help
yes i totally agree. i am on a debt management with the cccs who deal with your creditors on your behalf. and its free :clap:
you just need to find the courage to take control.
i know its easy said than done but it takes a big weight off your shoulders :grouphug:

T

todamax

thanks

oh sorry i forgot to thankyou for the welcome :oops:
pretty much a newbie just finding my way round :confused: lol
:grouphug:

Fartoolong

Fartoolong

Todamax, thank you for your support. I'll look into CCCS. I need to do something about this - it's really getting me down. Everytime my phone rings, I think 'who's that now?'

Lxxx

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Go for it fartoolong... it really can make you feel better.

I ve just recently obtained my credit report and things are not as bad as you think and can be sorted.

Take care

Intelgal