• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

money numbers in my bank account getting smaller this month and dont know why.

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

My trusted friend toke me in and i moved in with her since my aunt was taking advantage of my social security finances. good thing my aunt sent me money electronically to cover rent , utilities and expenses and i payed my friend right on the spot. pretty soon my friend will be my new payee and everything will be ok. But the main point is after i got the money for rent and utilities, i paid it electronically to my friends online account. my friend lended me $600+ and i spend it in just a few weeks. she found out and said she would lend me no more money this month so im worried. but its a mystery how that money went so fast. i went on no shopping sprees, i only remember shopping for groceries. the meals i got were cheap and simple not fancy. i know im a heavy snacker and that money adds up and even every dollar or a few dollars can make a difference but i reviewed all the receipts i saved up and i would get snacks sometimes but it was not like i shopped for bags fulls of junk food goodies everyday. now i only have money for my semi expensive phone bill which i know ill pay or ill be in trouble. then i also only have money for food and my $ 5 mo bank bill which im still grateful for. but i can only spend around $65 dollars in the next few weeks on food till about the 5th of the next month. my fridge and food pantry is pretty full so i should be ok for the next week or so. I should i think i should be ok if i make simple meals at home like bean and chesse burritos, oatmeal and milk with honey, rasin bran and milk, top ramen with veggie and hotdogs or other cheap but healthy meals i have researched. I feel so pissed off at myself!!! I learned the really hard way this time around. Never again will i let this happen!!!! IT could really cost me one day!!! Im getting a budgeting app for my phone. thinking about getting Mvelopes. I hope this helps me. The lesson i really learned here is that its too hard for me to budget and calculate money when im doing my spending all on one account. Any words of wisdom that will really help me in the future? that would be great.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Would it help to use only cash?
It sounds like you can trust your auntie, can you ask her for help?
Can you keep a notebook of incomings and outgoings?
I would never borrow money from people, it is messy

N

natalie

yep, same here, I was bullied unfortunately at secondarys chool, in terms, of , could they have money please? Well, number 1, they should ensure they have enough on them for the day to begin with, and also, it was happening every which way, they all got at me for that, not until we rported to the Head team, of the year, and word throuigh to the overall school h ead, yep, they were expelled. Fortunately, thouigh tough going, i could then finally, concnetrate, in the 5th year and 1 year sixt th form. I'm about to verify, it used to have been horrendous.

So I can only agree, and also don't accept from anyone money who you don't seriously know.

I would suggest that you apply once more and via yourself, for social security benefits, that way youll have some form of benefit finanical income.

i hope that some day, this will transform, and work out for you. Hardnock88.

Best regards.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
money i remember years ago i mentioned money problems to a social worker she went through income expenditure i'd expected that so i showed her the bank statement with the billls etc and some supermarket bills and asked where i should save she didn't know what to say

i'm now living on my savings and have now claimed esa and pip, though savings are limited if you want to get means tested benefits, bit of a waste of time making an issue of it, i'll have to wait to i'm in debt the scum love a crisis

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
bellwether Work & money struggle Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
A I get angry and guilty if I spend money Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
D Constantly borrowing money from family is killing me. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
Anime-Alchemy Benefits money and use Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
N Are You Good At Managing Your Money Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
Zig Zag Money running out Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
Z running the money down Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
N I find it impossible to save money, at all! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
Fairy Lucretia should my aunt leave me her flat/money Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
W DWP waste more money. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
Artmuzz Question about backdated money Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
Zardos Money To Burn Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 31
R water sure money off water bills Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
F Mental health and money advice Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
F Mental health and money survey Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
M Halifax gone overdrawn with transactions even though not enough money in bank to cover it Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
B poor money management Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
RainbowHeartz money please help Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
J Not my money Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
U Money doesn't necessarily make you happy but.......... Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 22
R PIP - how much money will you get? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
C Got my money back. Money due to be cut. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
J No money now benefits cancelled Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
serotonincat Am I entitled to more money? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
B Money Problems Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
F Need to find a way to make money fast. Stripping? Pros and Cons? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 11
A Out of the military, out of a job, no rent money for next month Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
S What can this money be spent on? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
L Bizarrely not managing on money Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
sahasrara money money money Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
R Warning Dont ever ask for benefit advise on the Money Saving Expert Forum!!!!!!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
SomersetScorpio ESA Appeal - what money do you get? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 28
worrymuffin whoever said money is the route of all evil wasn't wrong Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
Wiseowl Money Money Money! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
M will i lose money now i have a carer Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
M D.I.A.L. money advice Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
amathus Money to be made from the madhouse...stigma in history. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
BillFish Duncan Smith keen to serious reduce the numbers off work with anxiety and depression Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 61
S Increased numbers of psychopaths in senior managerial positions and high levels of business Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 17
midnightphoenix bank Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
N Former Name Benefit Incapcity - for a particular week, not in my bank account!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 11
Artmuzz ESA not paid in bank Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
N Can Art make Bank? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
E I've got a voucher for a food bank Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
midnite Been trying to open a bank account for 10 years and STILL CANT!!!!!!!!!!!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
Brian01 F***ing bank! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
sahasrara bank taking th piss! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7