• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Moments of numb

7920NewbridgeCovina

7920NewbridgeCovina

My anxiety has been at an all time high this summer. My partner and I have an infant that was born early this summer. We haven’t had an empty house since. The house has been a disaster. My breastfeeding schedule has gone out the window and I’m so close to not producing anymore. Part of me wants to just be done breastfeeding because there’s too much stuff to do but at the same time it’s one of the things I really wanted to do. Thanks to the fact that I’m also depressed I become totally numb to the mess and I can get some sleep..until my anxiety picks back up. I’m constant flipping between “I couldn’t care less” and “My world is upside down”.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Just rest
Look after you both
If you can't feed well, better you slowly stop than be stressed out
Kitten powdered milk is great if mum cat cannot nurse
Human milk must be good too
Speak to your midwife if you can

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Cleaning can wait
Or ask others to help

Pay a local kid even

M

Murasakibee

My anxiety has been at an all time high this summer. My partner and I have an infant that was born early this summer. We haven’t had an empty house since. The house has been a disaster. My breastfeeding schedule has gone out the window and I’m so close to not producing anymore. Part of me wants to just be done breastfeeding because there’s too much stuff to do but at the same time it’s one of the things I really wanted to do. Thanks to the fact that I’m also depressed I become totally numb to the mess and I can get some sleep..until my anxiety picks back up. I’m constant flipping between “I couldn’t care less” and “My world is upside down”.
Babies are HARD. The house can wait, or you could seek some help.

My sisters kids were all bottlefed because my sister couldn't produce enough. They are some of the healthiest kids I know, they rarely get sick and none of them are actually fat.
I know there's a lot of bonding with breastfeeding but if it's stressing you out and you are not producing enough then you don't need to feel guilty, your baby will be fine. When you look at my brothers kids vs my sister kids you can't tell who were breastfed. My son was bottlefed, because he is not my biological child but i wish I could've done it, we have a very close bond regardless.

And seriously most new parents house are a wreck and when the baby is bigger they will wreck the house everyday, it'llget easier to manage though.

You are not failing, you are a good mommy.

And if you are feeling depressed please speak to your doctor

7920NewbridgeCovina

7920NewbridgeCovina

Cleaning can wait
Or ask others to help

Pay a local kid even
I can’t even get my step kids to help when it comes to their own rooms half the time. The clutter drives me nuts. More often than not it’s the mess that makes me panicky not the baby.

7920NewbridgeCovina

7920NewbridgeCovina

Babies are HARD. The house can wait, or you could seek some help.

My sisters kids were all bottlefed because my sister couldn't produce enough. They are some of the healthiest kids I know, they rarely get sick and none of them are actually fat.
I know there's a lot of bonding with breastfeeding but if it's stressing you out and you are not producing enough then you don't need to feel guilty, your baby will be fine. When you look at my brothers kids vs my sister kids you can't tell who were breastfed. My son was bottlefed, because he is not my biological child but i wish I could've done it, we have a very close bond regardless.

And seriously most new parents house are a wreck and when the baby is bigger they will wreck the house everyday, it'llget easier to manage though.

You are not failing, you are a good mommy.

And if you are feeling depressed please speak to your doctor
At this point my baby is 90% bottle fed and it’s not that I think that he’ll be unhealthy. I just feel like because of my mental illness I’m going to start losing the bond that I’ve formed with him. I’m afraid of damaging my baby mentally.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I have friends who breast fed for a few days and stopped, and they are fine. People with twins often express milk to feed their babies.

The mess, i think you just need to get them 'trained' but that will have to wait until you aren't so busy with the baby. Their dad, maybe he needs to sort that problem out.

M

Murasakibee

At this point my baby is 90% bottle fed and it’s not that I think that he’ll be unhealthy. I just feel like because of my mental illness I’m going to start losing the bond that I’ve formed with him. I’m afraid of damaging my baby mentally.
Ah okay I get that. I'm sorry you are going through so much. I wish I could give you more insight on that matter.

It was hard to feel bonded to my son for awhile, he had a lot of issues ang I wasn't in a good place mentally and I was only 17. Now I have a closer bond to him than I ever expected

But I doubt you are damaging your baby, if you hold him/her, cuddle and take care of your baby, your baby will love you.

As I said babies are hard, especially the first year but even then they are difficult. Sometimes we need to step back and vent or just talk to calm ourselves. I'm glad you are expressing your feelings here, that way they aren't eating away inside you.