• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Moments of clarity

Monroe1980

Monroe1980

In your deepest depressions do you ever get sudden moments of clarity? This morning I've felt COMPLETELY without hope. The most lost and hopeless I've felt for a while.

As has been happening to me recently, I get this sudden feeling of clarity, a lightness, that everything I am feeling is not the truth, that there is hope. It only lasts for a minute or so at a time. Wish it was less fleeting.

katya

katya

In your deepest depressions do you ever get sudden moments of clarity? This morning I've felt COMPLETELY without hope. The most lost and hopeless I've felt for a while.

As has been happening to me recently, I get this sudden feeling of clarity, a lightness, that everything I am feeling is not the truth, that there is hope. It only lasts for a minute or so at a time. Wish it was less fleeting.
I get those feelings, and I characterise them as my mind reminding me that I'm sick and that what I'm feeling isn't reflective of the truth. Keep hold of those moments of clarity because they'll keep you going. Might be a sign you're getting better, which is fantastic. :)

anouska

anouska

Yes, but luckily for me my moments of clarity have extended enormously over the past week. I'm now able to function and think more rationally and like you wish it would stay.
It seems you're struggling Monroe1980 and I very much wish these moments will last longer for you too xxx

krista

krista

I sometimes get those moments.
but then again, I sometimes get a "false" clarity as well. when I feel clear minded, but I'm not, and I do stupid stuff because of that.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I know what you mean.
It's like an old, wise part of my soul is coming in and I understand that whatever i'm feeling is temporary, that my whole life is just a grain in the sands of time, nothing is worth getting to worked up over.

Doesn't last long mind you, and it's difficult to hold on to those feelings when things are hard but nonetheless it is quite liberating when you get those clear moments.