• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Molestation

FastLaneC3

FastLaneC3

:cry:I REALLY, REALLY wanted to avoid bringing this up with anyone. I've never told anyone but one person, and even then I didn't say much. But after the last counsellor had a breakdown infront of me and mentioned her own trauma with molestation, I can't stop thinking about it. I've spent so many years trying to forget it, but I can't stop playing it over and over in my head now.
When I think about it I get panic/anxiety attacks and I start to shut down like never before. But I need to tell my new counsellor, because I can't keep shutting it away, it's going to haunt me till the day I die.
Would it be appropriate to write it down for the counsellor instead of saying it? I really REALLY don't think I can verbally tell them without losing it or being sick to my stomach. :cry:

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
I think writing it down would be a good way to get it out there on the table for discussion. Hopefully your current counsellor is up to the task!

I reckon once out in the open it will start losing it's power to haunt your life.

Take care of you. :flowers: