• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Mixed Up

A

ashesunbroken

I have days where I am okay, can function, can study, can talk to and message people. Sometimes that lasts weeks. But then, I have other days where I can't even respond to people, where I shut people out, where I have to take thing minute by minute, day by day. When I feel like I am being suffocated by the universe. Where I cannot focus or study or do much of anything.

I love talking and being with people, and I like being able to function and survive. But I feel as if I can't sometimes.

I don't understand it. I have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and ADHD. I am on medication. I don't know what to do. I feel like I can recover, like I am recovering....but then I am not.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I do think that it's quite common to fluctuate in terms of what you can handle.
I definitely relate to what you're saying. Some days it's all just too much and it seems there's no logical reason to explain why I feel so overwhelmed.

I wonder if for you it may be similar to me in that you need time to "recharge". Because being out and around other people takes a lot of energy, there is a need to retreat to get that energy back up again.

To be honest, I don't understand it really and i'm not sure if there is an explanation to it all.
My advice would to be to try and go with the flow. Don't put yourself under too much pressure or feel like it's a sign that you're going backwards if you're having a difficult day.
It might also be worth making a note or a graph each day to record your mood and how outgoing you feel. Sometimes there's a pattern to these things, especially if you're female and you're having your monthly..