• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

mixed states suck...

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
I feel really shity at the moment as have been going through a mixed state for the past few days. generally been in a depression but a couple of nights ago i became paranoid and had a panic attack that lasted through out the night so i'm back on the propranalol (took one a couple of hours ago and am trying to keep my eyes open, lol). Went out yesterday evening as had a meeting with some people from the northampton mdf group and despite the depression i ended up unable to stop smilling and laughing all through the meeting - maybe not a good sign. Last night i slept for 13 hours and still woke up feeling like i had only just gone to bed. i'm in two minds as to make an appointment with my g.p as my care co-ordinator does not work fridays or see haow things pan out over the weekend.

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Really thinking about taking a walk to the g.p and asking what i can do. i have a plan of action from the doc g.p that ussually works by taking an extra 20mg of citalopram when low and an extra 100mg carbamazepine when manic but have never been told what to do when expiriencing a mixed eppisode.

M

mad as a hatter

mixed moods r so tiring i get so agitated with them cause i can,t shut down with them u be better goin 2 ur gp tho don,t suffer with it

guggy

guggy

Actually, I tend to hate any kind of episode :), though my last one was a mixed one and I tend to agree with you.

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
I really hate this. I feel happy but at the same time so low i feel like crying. I could easily go out and blow my money on silly things, i can't even concentrate enough to watch a film / t.v or read a book.

K

Katie84

Hi, i do feel for you, i think im going through my first bout of mixed episode and i feel so alone, its horrible i feel like i could cry or even commit suicide getting totally paraniod but then i can be hyper and happy.

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Hi, i do feel for you, i think im going through my first bout of mixed episode and i feel so alone, its horrible i feel like i could cry or even commit suicide getting totally paraniod but then i can be hyper and happy.
If you are feeling like this please call your local mental health crisis team (every area should have one) failing that the samaritains are always there. Please take care xx

K

Katie84

hi thanks, i have had crisis team out before, and they was useless to say the least, i rode it through and feeling a lot better today thanks, just frustrating when it happens, i will speak to my psychiatrist when i next see her :)

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

hi thanks, i have had crisis team out before, and they was useless to say the least, i rode it through and feeling a lot better today thanks, just frustrating when it happens, i will speak to my psychiatrist when i next see her :)
I hear people say that a lot about the crisis teams: it's rather worrying!

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better today take care xx

M

mad as a hatter

I had the crisis team out in the past and they where hopeless but this yr they where better helped me a lot for a few wks so sometimes there not all that bad

K

Katie84

Thanks, maybe the ones i saw was having an off day, she told me she was here to see if i needed to go in to hospital or not! errr nearly died, i hate hospitals, she made it out like i had no choice, she told me i needed to go on anti depressants and she is writing to my doctor to tell him that, felt like i had no choice! even though i did explain both me and doctor didnt want me on them!

God only knows what will happen if i get suicidal again, hope next time they are better :)

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Made a doctors appointment but could only get into see my own g.p later on today (i prefer my own doc as he knows more about me). so wish me luck.

T

typicallypop

hey hope all goes well with your doc this afternoon. sorry you had a bad experience with the crisis team. I haven't had to deal with one as yet thank goodness. im dreadin. it if I ever do. anyway let us know how you get on.
thinking of you. :hug:

jax

jax

Good luck Colin. I am experiencing awful mixed episodes atm. I am am inpatient atm - so they nurses can see what is going on. Mixed states are so hard for me to cope with. Love,
Jacqui x