• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Mixed Personality Disorder

R

Rose_00

Hi,
I was diagnosed with depression, anxiety and mixed personality disorder a few months ago. My personality disorders include borderline, negativistic, schizoid, schizotypal, paranoid, obsessive compulsive, depressive, dependent and avoidant. I don’t know anyone else who’s living with a personality disorder so I feel very isolated, I can’t talk to anyone cause others don’t understand how my brain works. I’m wondering how others cope with feeling alone, I’m really struggling and my minds in over drive

GretaVon

GretaVon

Former member
Hi Rose, and welcome.

Did all these diagnoses come from a single therapist?

R

Rose_00

hi yeah they did, it took a while for a diagnosis but after lots of appointments and assessments the psychiatrist made the diagnosis and started me on my treatment plan

GretaVon

GretaVon

Former member
It's difficult to know where to start with such a rich set of conditions.

What would you say represents your biggest problem, not in terms of diagnosis but in terms of your experience?

R

Rose_00

I’d say my fear of abandonment, it takes me ages to feel comfortable around someone but when I do I always think about the worst case scenario. I feel inferior and like a total inconvenience and it’s this feeling that I really struggle with

GretaVon

GretaVon

Former member
Yes that must be difficult.

Have you tried taking a stoic approach, not hoping and not expecting, but taking every day as a gift?

K

Keesha

A psychiatrist diagnosed you with 10 personality disorders and told you all at once?

Personally, I’d find a new psychiatrist if that were me.

R

Rose_00

No he diagnosed me with 1 personality disorder - mixed - which involves each disorder I listed above. I’m happy with my psychiatrist and the support he’s given me. We also don’t get to choose our psychiatrists here. it’s a complex diagnosis

K

Keesha

No he diagnosed me with 1 personality disorder - mixed - which involves each disorder I listed above. I’m happy with my psychiatrist and the support he’s given me. We also don’t get to choose our psychiatrists here. it’s a complex diagnosis
Ok! My mistake. Reading back I see where you say mixed. I misread that. Psychiatrists are hard to come by. I can appreciate that.

It’s a complex diagnosis but you at least have a diagnosis. Hopefully you’ll get some therapy and the proper meds. Soon you won’t feel as overwhelmed.

Are you on meds already and does he have a plan of action for you?

1redpath

Am I right in saying mixed personality disorder is where you have traits and symptoms of bpd,aspd etc.
But don't fit the full criteria for a full diagnoses
Think that what my diagnosed is

R

Rose_00

Am I right in saying mixed personality disorder is where you have traits and symptoms of bpd,aspd etc.
But don't fit the full criteria for a full diagnoses
Think that what my diagnosed is
I’ve seen on some websites and things people being referred to as mixed when they kinda sit between the different types but I’ve been diagnosed with mixed as a disorder, I think it probably differs depending on what country you’re in as well

R

Rose_00

Ok! My mistake. Reading back I see where you say mixed. I misread that. Psychiatrists are hard to come by. I can appreciate that.

It’s a complex diagnosis but you at least have a diagnosis. Hopefully you’ll get some therapy and the proper meds. Soon you won’t feel as overwhelmed.

Are you on meds already and does he have a plan of action for you?
Yeah I’m on quite a few different meds as they’re trying to find out what works for me, and I’ve got my first psychology appt on Wednesday :)

R

Rose_00

Just some clarification as confusion keeps arising, hope this helps anyone who doesn’t fully understand the complexity of the personality disorder spectrum. No 2 diagnosis’ are the same and I think it’s important we remember that :) BE6E6DB4-10A9-4ECF-B10F-34CD21D2A5C9.jpeg

K

Keesha

Yeah I’m on quite a few different meds as they’re trying to find out what works for me, and I’ve got my first psychology appt on Wednesday :)
That’s good. I wish you well in your appointment.

Just some clarification as confusion keeps arising, hope this helps anyone who doesn’t fully understand the complexity of the personality disorder spectrum. No 2 diagnosis’ are the same and I think it’s important we remember that :) View attachment 47811
Mixed personality disorder. Well that’s certainly less overwhelming than having 10 different ones. 😅 lol. Not really funny. I’m basically laughing at myself for the mistake I made.

D

devinefeminine

i haven't been diagnoed but, everything you just said .... is me !!! someone help :(
i deal with all of those things i just havent been diagnosed and i know now is the time to seek help but im scared and i feel alone