• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Mixed episodes

Falling_Fixation

Falling_Fixation

Are you unwell at the moment?
Yes, well at the moment I'm quite depressed but I do have 2 family members with me so I'm not at risk.
I think I experienced a mixed episode last month which is why I asked the question.
I'm not experiencing one right now.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I have bipolar 1 but I don’t think I have ever experienced a mixed episode. xo, j

T

timing

For me it is like feeling down and beginning negative self thoughts for a short duration. Next a feeling of nervousness creeps in. On edge, I start smoking like a fiend. Sometimes I then get into thoughts of, I gotta do something. Something about getting out of this mess. This pattern back and forth can happen several times a day or less.

I hate it!

Zero One

Zero One

I don't know what mixed episodes are and I was looking for context clues.

T

timing

My particular explantion is deficient. Mixed episodes and rapid cycling seems like the same thing sometimes. I believe that rapid cycling is experienced over a longer period of time. Several episodes over a year for example.
A mixed episode contains symptoms of both depression and mania at the same time. This can be a constant set of symptoms, even everyday. The mania is not necessairly a high or euphoric.
Over time mixed episodes causes a feeling of utter exhaustion and the urge to want a way to shut it off.
Sorry, the best way I can describe it is too many symptoms on a loop.

Falling_Fixation

Falling_Fixation

My particular explantion is deficient. Mixed episodes and rapid cycling seems like the same thing sometimes. I believe that rapid cycling is experienced over a longer period of time. Several episodes over a year for example.
A mixed episode contains symptoms of both depression and mania at the same time. This can be a constant set of symptoms, even everyday. The mania is not necessairly a high or euphoric.
Over time mixed episodes causes a feeling of utter exhaustion and the urge to want a way to shut it off.
Sorry, the best way I can describe it is too many symptoms on a loop.
I really relate to this