• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Mixed episodes

B

Blackrose09

I'm in mixed episode since 2016. Is never ending. Mood stabilisers no help because I had a stressful life.
The problem now is I can't function without antidepressant.... It lowers my stress, help a lot with social anxiety and ocd and give me energy and motivation to work. But antidepressants are not good for bipolar...

I think my brain has crushed, all functions are affected.

Tawny

Tawny

Taking a break
Did your psychiatrist not prescribe a mood stabiliser too?

B

Blackrose09

Only take 5 mg olanzapine.
I saw 2 doctors in the same time in the last 3 months.
One said I should not take mood stabiliser because I have apathy and I lack feelings and mood stabiliser will make these problems worse. And prescribed a high dose of antidepressant for this problems. Also for ocd, social anxiety and severe depression.
The other doctor said I should never take antudepressant because it will make me more manic. The problems is I can't give up on antidepressant because I don't feel good with apathy, extreme social phobia, ocd and others. I can't function at all without it.
The doctor I saw the last time who prescribed the mood stabiliser depakine not answered me if I can take depakine with my antidepressant. I'm afraid I will feel to bad with mania and I will add depakin to my treatment making a cocktail medication that will mees my brain.

I think I need to go to the hospital but I'm afraid. So no. That will make me worse.

I will call the other doctor to tell me if I can take depakine with the other medication I'm taking. But I'm hesitating, procrastinating because I think he does not understand. A family member told him lies about my mental health and he belived. Cool.
OK. I will try to talk to him anyways.

I wait another 2, 3 weeks and move this place to find another doctor. Am I going to loose my mind completly in 2 weeks because I'm not taking the right treatment?

F

fluffpill

Only take 5 mg olanzapine.
I saw 2 doctors in the same time in the last 3 months.
One said I should not take mood stabiliser because I have apathy and I lack feelings and mood stabiliser will make these problems worse. And prescribed a high dose of antidepressant for this problems. Also for ocd, social anxiety and severe depression.
The other doctor said I should never take antudepressant because it will make me more manic. The problems is I can't give up on antidepressant because I don't feel good with apathy, extreme social phobia, ocd and others. I can't function at all without it.
The doctor I saw the last time who prescribed the mood stabiliser depakine not answered me if I can take depakine with my antidepressant. I'm afraid I will feel to bad with mania and I will add depakin to my treatment making a cocktail medication that will mees my brain.

I think I need to go to the hospital but I'm afraid. So no. That will make me worse.

I will call the other doctor to tell me if I can take depakine with the other medication I'm taking. But I'm hesitating, procrastinating because I think he does not understand. A family member told him lies about my mental health and he belived. Cool.
OK. I will try to talk to him anyways.

I wait another 2, 3 weeks and move this place to find another doctor. Am I going to loose my mind completly in 2 weeks because I'm not taking the right treatment?
best would be an antipsychotic, a mood stabilizer and an antidepressant. You need a new psychiatrist. go to the hospital it seems like you need urgent care. nothing bad will happen, they'll find you better meds only. but this is just my opinion, i don't know your whole story sorry.

Zero One

Zero One

I didn't know anti-depressants are not good for bipolar.

B

Blackrose09

best would be an antipsychotic, a mood stabilizer and an antidepressant. You need a new psychiatrist. go to the hospital it seems like you need urgent care. nothing bad will happen, they'll find you better meds only. but this is just my opinion, i don't know your whole story sorry.
OK. I will go. Hope they will give me mood stabiliser and won't hospitalise me.

B

Blackrose09

Fu.... My doctor is playing with my ilness. She won't give me lithium for mania
And I take what I think will calm me down. Currently I'm taliking strong sleeping pills. It helps for 2,3,4 hours

B

Blackrose09

What she is a doctor I think she belongs to a prison of severely dangerous people.
I hope she goes to prison soon.

B

Blackrose09

Is she your only option?
I ve been to many doctors here in this city and I need to search for a doctor in another city. I needed to do this before. Not very good with sticking to a plan but I will do it this time.
Thank you for your answer