• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Mixed episodes

B

Blackrose09

I'm in mixed episode since 2016. Is never ending. Mood stabilisers no help because I had a stressful life.
The problem now is I can't function without antidepressant.... It lowers my stress, help a lot with social anxiety and ocd and give me energy and motivation to work. But antidepressants are not good for bipolar...

I think my brain has crushed, all functions are affected.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Did your psychiatrist not prescribe a mood stabiliser too?

B

Blackrose09

Only take 5 mg olanzapine.
I saw 2 doctors in the same time in the last 3 months.
One said I should not take mood stabiliser because I have apathy and I lack feelings and mood stabiliser will make these problems worse. And prescribed a high dose of antidepressant for this problems. Also for ocd, social anxiety and severe depression.
The other doctor said I should never take antudepressant because it will make me more manic. The problems is I can't give up on antidepressant because I don't feel good with apathy, extreme social phobia, ocd and others. I can't function at all without it.
The doctor I saw the last time who prescribed the mood stabiliser depakine not answered me if I can take depakine with my antidepressant. I'm afraid I will feel to bad with mania and I will add depakin to my treatment making a cocktail medication that will mees my brain.

I think I need to go to the hospital but I'm afraid. So no. That will make me worse.

I will call the other doctor to tell me if I can take depakine with the other medication I'm taking. But I'm hesitating, procrastinating because I think he does not understand. A family member told him lies about my mental health and he belived. Cool.
OK. I will try to talk to him anyways.

I wait another 2, 3 weeks and move this place to find another doctor. Am I going to loose my mind completly in 2 weeks because I'm not taking the right treatment?

D

Deleted member 94230

Only take 5 mg olanzapine.
I saw 2 doctors in the same time in the last 3 months.
One said I should not take mood stabiliser because I have apathy and I lack feelings and mood stabiliser will make these problems worse. And prescribed a high dose of antidepressant for this problems. Also for ocd, social anxiety and severe depression.
The other doctor said I should never take antudepressant because it will make me more manic. The problems is I can't give up on antidepressant because I don't feel good with apathy, extreme social phobia, ocd and others. I can't function at all without it.
The doctor I saw the last time who prescribed the mood stabiliser depakine not answered me if I can take depakine with my antidepressant. I'm afraid I will feel to bad with mania and I will add depakin to my treatment making a cocktail medication that will mees my brain.

I think I need to go to the hospital but I'm afraid. So no. That will make me worse.

I will call the other doctor to tell me if I can take depakine with the other medication I'm taking. But I'm hesitating, procrastinating because I think he does not understand. A family member told him lies about my mental health and he belived. Cool.
OK. I will try to talk to him anyways.

I wait another 2, 3 weeks and move this place to find another doctor. Am I going to loose my mind completly in 2 weeks because I'm not taking the right treatment?
best would be an antipsychotic, a mood stabilizer and an antidepressant. You need a new psychiatrist. go to the hospital it seems like you need urgent care. nothing bad will happen, they'll find you better meds only. but this is just my opinion, i don't know your whole story sorry.

Zero One

Zero One

I didn't know anti-depressants are not good for bipolar.

B

Blackrose09

best would be an antipsychotic, a mood stabilizer and an antidepressant. You need a new psychiatrist. go to the hospital it seems like you need urgent care. nothing bad will happen, they'll find you better meds only. but this is just my opinion, i don't know your whole story sorry.
OK. I will go. Hope they will give me mood stabiliser and won't hospitalise me.

B

Blackrose09

Fu.... My doctor is playing with my ilness. She won't give me lithium for mania
And I take what I think will calm me down. Currently I'm taliking strong sleeping pills. It helps for 2,3,4 hours

B

Blackrose09

What she is a doctor I think she belongs to a prison of severely dangerous people.
I hope she goes to prison soon.

B

Blackrose09

Is she your only option?
I ve been to many doctors here in this city and I need to search for a doctor in another city. I needed to do this before. Not very good with sticking to a plan but I will do it this time.
Thank you for your answer