• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

mixed emotions

K

kmwt3

I finally broke up with my hubby and I feel great now. It's nice not being called names and treated like crap.
I met someone and I've become really attached. It's so weird because I've never felt like this before. Even with my ex, I didn't have any of these feelings. I don't want to be without him and all I think about while he's out, is him. These feelings are scary and overwhelming. I think I may actually be in love. .
Is that weird being only a week in?
He makes me feel so wonderful in every way. He shows me he cares about me by what he says and does. I'm head over heels and really hope this works out.
With the way I feel about him, I don't think I'd come back from getting hurt.
I feel like a school girl hah
I realized that I have no feelings towards my ex. All I think about is this new guy. I can't believe these feelings! I've never felt this before!
I hope I am not being to clingy or anything.
The only thing that bothers me, is when he goes out all day. I wish I could keep him with me forever hah
I know that's not possible though because of work but it would be nice.
I think I may have actually found love..
Hmm.. do I sound as crazy as I feel? Hah
Oh well.. I really hope this works!

Unique1

Unique1

Nice to hear the happiness :)
Unique1 x

Nikita

Nikita

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yeah you sound crazy!I am very happy for you and hope it all carries on going well.
I think you are right though to be careful to not come across too clingy as a week is really early days.
Keep us updated how you get on and I am also glad to hear you are over your ex so soon!

K

kmwt3

Well, it didn't work out. He said he just wants to be friends which is really hard on me. I really like him.
I'm confused though because he still calls me different things like cutie and beautiful, and hugs me, and says things that make me feel as if he's attracted to me. He just doesn't call me babe or stay the night anymore. He's acting as if he wants me but holding back at the same time.
I don't know what to think. My feelings are hurt though and I'm falling apart for some reason. I don't know what it is about him that has me so attached.
All I want to do is jump on top of him and kiss him again, like the past. These feelings are hard to handle.
F*** I don't know why I feel this way. No person has ever made me feel and act this way. I don't know how to explain these emotions.
All I know is I'm hurting now. I don't think I can be just friends but not sure if we'll figure this out. I somewhat feel we'll work but also feel he's leading me on.
I don't know what to do..

Roots

Roots

Men don't like to be suffocated and neither do we. It takes me several months to fall in love and longer to fall out of love. I would not let a man stay overnight after one week. It sounds like a one-night stand to me but you saw more in it. It might have blossomed into something more but you need to seek help for the problem that you have if you are to have a good solid relationship in the future. This is not healthy for either of you.

I get excited when I meet a new man, and wonder if he could be the one for me, but I don't let him stay the night very early on because I would attract the wrong type of man. He would be interested in sex only I think.

When you have sex some type of connection takes place which is why it is better to wait until you can both handle that emotion. You need stronger boundaries.

SarahD

SarahD

I think also a longterm relationship breakup can be quite hard and take time to get over, even if it hasn't been particularly happy. Sometimes to avoid going through all that involves we rush into something else. Maybe you need a bit if time before a new relationship. It is possible that the heartache from what happened with your new bf is transposed grief from your marriage breakup. After knowing someone for just a few days it is unusual to find it so hard to get over.

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
love expert, stephanie mills begs to differ

there are instant attractions and love can often be bold and intense. don't fight it, bite it. or words to that effect.

Last edited:
Roots

Roots

Sex can be just sex. A drunken and lecherous night where both parties know the score.

You can also meet the man of your dreams but in this case he seems to be on a different page.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

When you sleep with someone on the first date or thereabouts, you are attaching yourself to an unknown with unknown idiocyncracies and unknown addictions and who knows what. It is not a stable thing to do in the first place. You are looking to replace that security you lost. But you need to grow and place that security in yourself. This falling in love with a stranger is basically an illusion you are projecting on him. Read the posts here in this thread over again because people are writing really useful stuff for you.

C

coraline166

From what you said it sounded like lust. That doesn't mean that it couldn't have ended up as love, but I think love is more about an intimate knowledge, acceptance and deep-seated affection for a person built up over a period of time...

Attraction and all that is fun -- I don't blame you for wanting to jump into it, but it sounds like you're doing it partly to deal with the marriage break up, as others have said here better than me.

If you never had any of those feelings for your previous partner at any point then why do you think you were you with him?

Last edited:
K

kmwt3

We had a conversation about it and he doesn't think I'm ready since I just left a long relationship. He wants me to work through my problems first so I don't wake up one day and find I made a mistake.
The stuff he says to me is what made me so attached. He makes me feel wanted and cared for. When I'm with him, my problems don't seem to matter. He makes me feel good about myself.
He's been acting as if he wants me again so I'm not sure where this is going now. I'm not going to act so clingy and needy though. I don't want to mess it up again.
I've sort of kept my distance while showing I'm still interested and I hope he decides what he wants.
I don't want to be led on then get hurt again. I have so much on my plate right now that I don't think I could handle it.