Mixed Bipolar

C

Curiousk2012

So I was diagnosed with mixed bipolar is what she said. She didn't really explain that so not sure what this entails. She prescribed abilify, buspar, and wellbutrin. Anyone else have it? What do you go through? She basically asked me if i am more depressed or more aggitated and irritable i said it's provavly split 50/50.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Well a "mixed state" usually refers to being high and low at the same time. Sounds as though you couldn't do that but you can. So you can be rushing around, thoughts tumbling out, sleeping less and full of confidence whilst also feeling severely depressed and suicidal. Its a dangerous state to be in as a person can act impulsively on thoughts of harm they might have.

I would take the cocktail for a few weeks and see what happens. I don't know buspar at all so can't talk about that. I would also ask if you can have some therapy or mindfulness training as that can help long term with this sort of problem. I wish you luck.

C

Curiousk2012

Well a "mixed state" usually refers to being high and low at the same time. Sounds as though you couldn't do that but you can. So you can be rushing around, thoughts tumbling out, sleeping less and full of confidence whilst also feeling severely depressed and suicidal. Its a dangerous state to be in as a person can act impulsively on thoughts of harm they might have.

I would take the cocktail for a few weeks and see what happens. I don't know buspar at all so can't talk about that. I would also ask if you can have some therapy or mindfulness training as that can help long term with this sort of problem. I wish you luck.
[/QUOTE
Thanks. Buspar is my anxiety med it helps somewhat. The abilify is also good but needs increased i believe. Still get all manic like and paranoid. But yeah everything i looked up said about being irritable and lashing out over extrememly small things. I do it constantly and i feel bad afterwards.

calypso

calypso

Admin
In my opinion, meds aren't everything but they are a tool in the toolbox. That's why I suggested therapy of some kind along with the meds. Push your pdoc for holistic approach to your problems, it might work. Pdocs in my experience though tend to like their meds over everything else though.

C

Curiousk2012

In my opinion, meds aren't everything but they are a tool in the toolbox. That's why I suggested therapy of some kind along with the meds. Push your pdoc for holistic approach to your problems, it might work. Pdocs in my experience though tend to like their meds over everything else though.
I've already been through 4 months of therapy. I quit because i can't afford it anymore. I was just wondering if any others had any experiences with it out there.

calypso

calypso

Admin
It is expensive I agree. I had one episode and that lead to me being VERY ill with it. I was just frantic and had severe depressive symptoms at the same time. It was a terrible experience feeling so out of control, yet partly not wanting to have control either.