• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Mistakes on the workplace

M

Mauriziocostanzo

Hi everybody,
Im new. I would be glad if someone has an insight about a problem im facing. In the workplace, i often find myself obsessing over mistakes (they could be imaginary, real, small, moderate mistakes). I cant stop exploring possibile humiliating consequences of my mistakes or possibile solution. I only can obsess over and over and cant be nice to myself. Most of the time at the end of the situation the reality is that It wasnt even a mistake. Or instead of mistakes, i obsess over something i ve said and think that a calamity will strike (everyone Will hate me and all my coworkers Will start to humiliate me and i Will be fired). Someone has some insight? I prefer insight to advice, but everything Is accepted.
Thank you to all of you
PS now the focus is on the workplace because im new, but in every interpersonali situation this happen

Foxjo

Foxjo

I understand how you feel, i too obess over mistakes at work all the time. Maybe i said something wrong? Maybe i did something wrong? And yes if i do actually make a mistake i take i out on myself harshly!

I think i do it because i expect high standards from myself, always been the A grade student, always strive to be the best at what i do. When that falls short i come down hard on myself and i never ever let myself forget that mistake... its exhausting.

The only advice i have been given is that i need to forgive myself more. (How i dont know!). we are all human and humans make mistakes. That others do not have a problem with my mistakes - its just me and my mind making it worse. I have cried buckets over small mistakes, i wish i had an answer for you!

Hugs
Fox

M

Mauriziocostanzo

Thank you very much for tour answer, today I went to work and talk with my superiore and She said dont worry you did the right thing.. I didnt think about having high standard..youre right I have High standard for myself.. self imposed high standard.. I am trying to be nice to myself, thank you again.. One day I should signal myself to the Police for having psychogical abused myself :)