Missing the highs

R

rainmaker1791

Hello, I was diagnosed in 2003 with bipolar and have been on a lot of meds, quit meds for 2 years with help from psychiatrist. Been back on meds about 1 year (olanzapine,clonazepam and ativan), I still get mixed episodes and the lows but no euphoria, I forget what it feels like on meds, are my highs gone for good?
Thank you

InfiniteRectangles

InfiniteRectangles

As much as the highs feel good, they can be dangerous. The meds are designed to regulate your mood so you don't get the highs or the lows. I'm not sure if your highs are gone for good. They could come back at some point, but as boring and dull as being "normal" can feel compared to feeling euphoric, it's probably best that you don't get the highs anymore. As long as you're not zombified, then I recommend staying on the meds. I miss my highs too, but when I look back at the things I did when I was "high", I am glad that I don't get the highs anymore. I was extremely creative, which I miss, but I also said a did a lot of dumb things, some of which were hurtful to others.

Greyhound

Greyhound

As much as the highs feel good, they can be dangerous. The meds are designed to regulate your mood so you don't get the highs or the lows. I'm not sure if your highs are gone for good. They could come back at some point, but as boring and dull as being "normal" can feel compared to feeling euphoric, it's probably best that you don't get the highs anymore. As long as you're not zombified, then I recommend staying on the meds. I miss my highs too, but when I look back at the things I did when I was "high", I am glad that I don't get the highs anymore. I was extremely creative, which I miss, but I also said a did a lot of dumb things, some of which were hurtful to others.
Defo, the highs only brought destruction even they felt good at the time. better to be dull, rather than manic.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
blamesydney Bipolar Forum 15
M Bipolar Forum 5