• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Miserable

S

steppy

Hello,

I haven't been on here for a while as I sought counselling, but I'm not feeling that great at the moment. Although the counselling is good, I think I'm just feeling overwhelmed. I pretty much feel like an idiot. I don't feel that I make sense, that I'm normal or capable enough to have a career. My confidence is low and I'm not sure what to do about it. But I know I need to do something, because I need to keep going. I don't know really, things just seem a bit rubbish. This life doesn't seem to be right and I feel that I have chosen the wrong path and I should have found a job where I could garden or explore the outdoors. I should be thinking and living differently. I'm so frustrated and annoyed at myself.
Yeah that's not all it, but I don't know what to write.

pinkprincess

pinkprincess

Its hard hun but you will feel better to just get it off your chest- everyone is really supportive :grouphug:

S

steppy

Thank you Pinkprincess

I'm not really sure what it is. I go through up and down periods. It's all linked to how I think other people think of me. Which is so stupid, but I can't seem to just be happy with myself and not care what other people think. I think when I feel down, when I feel like I have let myself down in things, I just feel totally disappointed and my mind goes off on one and I find myself consumed and then before I know it I'm not there any more. I'm not listening to people and I'm not comfortable. I just feel society is not helping people to be happy. It's suffocating, because people are always judging and putting pressure on others to behave a certain way and do things a certain way. And if you fail, you're ignored, you're ditched and you're labelled. I just feel like I need to get away, get some perspective and get wiser. But I don't think that will happen.

It's a bit of a rant I know, but I don't know. I wish that life could just let people breath...

T

tapdancer

Hi Steppy

I understand exactly how you feel. Life is very cruel and the more years I see go by the more I understand that society teaches us to be perfect which none of us can be. It also teaches us to keep our emotions to ourselves so others wont think badly of us. Remember, no matter what you try in life, you will always upset someone. So you must live your life that suits you. Try to sit down and think about living your life that would make you happy. That may mean a new career or somewhere new to live or new hobbies. When you feel content, that is when true happiness arrives.:)