• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Mis diagnosed Bipolar

S

sheryl Palladino

I was diagnosed Bipolar in 1996 when out of the blue I went psychotic.
I am an accountant and used to analysing. I didnt believe my diagnosis and researched it for 12 years.

In 2008 I went psycotic again and this confirmed my research. It was due to Lignocaine anaesthetic, this is recorded in the British Medical Journal. I gathered my medical files including dental treatment and asked for an independent review from a private psychiatrist who confirmed my theory.

It is now classed a organic psychosis as it was due to Lignocaine.

Interested to hear from anyone who had dental treatment or operations and went psychotic within 6 weeks of treatment.

I am well , working and getting on with life.

Sheryl

G

grahamm

Thats incredible, sorry I have fortunately never had an experience like that.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

I don't think he was given Lignocaine but my hubby had a psychotic episode after a major op last year, it was very frightening. The dreadful thing was that they suspected this while he was in hospital but discharged him anyway without having told us what they thought. The whole incident was a major factor in bringing on my current episode of depression.