• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Mis diagnosed bipolar

S

sheryl Palladino

Hi I was diagnosed Bipolar in 1996. I am an accountant. I had no symptoms of Bipolar and researched this for 12 years. In 2008 I had another psychotic episode. This time I knew the cause and I took my medical evidence to an independent psychiatrist who confirmed that my theory was right.

I was now rediagnosed with organic psychosis as it was due to Lignocaine.
I am well and working and getting on with life.

I would like to hear from anyone else who may feel that they had Lignocaine anaesthetic and then went psychotic? Some dentists use lignocaine which is currently not associated with heath records.

It is recorded in the British Medical Journal.

Thanks

Sheryl

bluenomore

bluenomore

Hi and :welcome: to the forum.

Onlymebud

Onlymebud

Many people have had plenty of Lignocaine without knowing it as its a common cutting agent used in the cutting of cocaine to make more money.
Hence why some stuff will make your mouth really numb if rubbed on your gums, well one of the reasons anyway, theres baby teething powders and others, and in case you think i'm waffling, well lol, trust me i really would know :evil:
I've not heard of it causing psychosis, thats got me wondering if it plays a big part in screwing up cocaine users, hmmm, food for thought, especially as i was a big time coke head for many many years lol.

Anyway welcome, look forward to talking around the boards :tea:

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Psychopath seeking guidance (From diagnosed Psychopaths) Introduce Yourself 6
BeanPeach Teen daughter just diagnosed with ocd and anxiety Introduce Yourself 4
G Im new, self diagnosed depressed Introduce Yourself 6
J Hi.brand new to this.i have just been diagnosed with clclothymic disorder.any advice on this would be more than grateful.thanks. Introduce Yourself 6
S Hi! I joined today... Recently diagnosed with BPD Introduce Yourself 11
M Son with mental health issues. Not yet diagnosed. Introduce Yourself 11
T Recently diagnosed with BPD Introduce Yourself 2
H I am a mother who has a son who has just been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. He has had psychosis since he was 16 and is now 22. Introduce Yourself 4
T Hello, i.m jen and i.m new i.ve never done anything like this, i was diagnosed with bpd a couple of years ago and i really struggle. Introduce Yourself 8
Clydol_17 Bipolar 1, diagnosed 2017. Introduce Yourself 9
D Hi I'm 46 I live with my son he's 10 he has a anxiety disorder been diagnosed since the age of 4 I'm now experiencing anxiety 😔 Introduce Yourself 2
S Hello, just was diagnosed December 2019. Introduce Yourself 2
B Hi guys, I’m new to forums. Been diagnosed with bipolar since I was 14. Now 26. Never ever knew these forums existed. Introduce Yourself 17
B I am linda 55 been diagnosed with EUPD recentrly.its taken the 30 years anyone on else here with it.its cripling me right now nd i have no support i Introduce Yourself 2
H I'm a 24-year-old male and I live in East Sandwich, MA. I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder on March 14th, 2019 by my psychiatrist. Introduce Yourself 2
Ocdmermaid Newly diagnosed w/ ocd Introduce Yourself 3
I Diagnosed schizophrenia later schizoaffective. New to forum Introduce Yourself 5
A Hi peeps am diagnosed and suffering from anxiety and depression. Introduce Yourself 3
T Recently diagnosed Bipolar Introduce Yourself 6
I 1 minute ago Hi, newly diagnosed high functioning sociopath and borderline personality disorder. Finally reaching out to talk to others. Introduce Yourself 10
D New to this site and recently diagnosed with SAD (Schizoaffective Disorder) Introduce Yourself 4
S Diagnosed AVPD and DPD, looking for others like me Introduce Yourself 2
R Hi there. (Long) Diagnosed with ADHD then rediagnosed with delayed development. Introduce Yourself 3
G Hello everyone. I’m an only parent of a 22 yo son who was diagnosed with extreme bipolar at age eight. Introduce Yourself 3
V Introductions... recently diagnosed with bipolar Introduce Yourself 1
Lazz Newly diagnosed Introduce Yourself 9
D Just been diagnosed Introduce Yourself 1
A Hello. I have been diagnosed Schizoaffective Bipolar type. Introduce Yourself 33
P Hi I’m new here recently diagnosed with EUPD anyone else have this and if so how do you cope on azure daily basis I’m struggling Introduce Yourself 3
D I was just diagnosed; not happy about it Introduce Yourself 8
N Hi, NorasDad here. Just got diagnosed after 40 years! Introduce Yourself 6
S Recently diagnosed schizophrenic Introduce Yourself 1
C I am diagnosed with BPD ...😥😥 Introduce Yourself 5
S Hi .. recently been diagnosed with PTSD Introduce Yourself 4
R Just been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder Introduce Yourself 10
J Newly diagnosed BPD and probable PTSD victim Introduce Yourself 2
K Newly diagnosed with BPD, trying to make some friends Introduce Yourself 2
V Diagnosed almost a year ago. Introduce Yourself 7
B Recently diagnosed Introduce Yourself 16
N Hello, Just Got Diagnosed Introduce Yourself 1
C Hi I'm new to this been diagnosed,with borderline personality disorder,is a lot to cope with.is it a common mental illness,looking for answers to cope Introduce Yourself 7
R I'm New, too! Hello Everybody!!! I Have a Son Who Was Diagnosed With Paranoid Schizophrenia Introduce Yourself 13
Lone_Wolf New and poorly diagnosed Introduce Yourself 9
B Hello All, I am new here. After a breakdown I have been diagnosed with BPD. Introduce Yourself 11
S Newbie just diagnosed with BPD Introduce Yourself 10
D Spouse newly diagnosed with Functional Movement Disorder Introduce Yourself 2
B Recovered bulimic with bipolar disorder Introduce Yourself 4
L Bipolar hello... Introduce Yourself 8
R A dad , a boyfriend and bipolar. Introduce Yourself 8
K Schizoaffective bipolar type Introduce Yourself 7