• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Mis diagnosed bipolar

S

sheryl Palladino

Hi I was diagnosed Bipolar in 1996. I am an accountant. I had no symptoms of Bipolar and researched this for 12 years. In 2008 I had another psychotic episode. This time I knew the cause and I took my medical evidence to an independent psychiatrist who confirmed that my theory was right.

I was now rediagnosed with organic psychosis as it was due to Lignocaine.
I am well and working and getting on with life.

I would like to hear from anyone else who may feel that they had Lignocaine anaesthetic and then went psychotic? Some dentists use lignocaine which is currently not associated with heath records.

It is recorded in the British Medical Journal.

Thanks

Sheryl

bluenomore

bluenomore

Hi and :welcome: to the forum.

Onlymebud

Onlymebud

Many people have had plenty of Lignocaine without knowing it as its a common cutting agent used in the cutting of cocaine to make more money.
Hence why some stuff will make your mouth really numb if rubbed on your gums, well one of the reasons anyway, theres baby teething powders and others, and in case you think i'm waffling, well lol, trust me i really would know :evil:
I've not heard of it causing psychosis, thats got me wondering if it plays a big part in screwing up cocaine users, hmmm, food for thought, especially as i was a big time coke head for many many years lol.

Anyway welcome, look forward to talking around the boards :tea:

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Hi! I joined today... Recently diagnosed with BPD Introduce Yourself 11
M Son with mental health issues. Not yet diagnosed. Introduce Yourself 11
T Recently diagnosed with BPD Introduce Yourself 2
H I am a mother who has a son who has just been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. He has had psychosis since he was 16 and is now 22. Introduce Yourself 4
T Hello, i.m jen and i.m new i.ve never done anything like this, i was diagnosed with bpd a couple of years ago and i really struggle. Introduce Yourself 8
Clydol_17 Bipolar 1, diagnosed 2017. Introduce Yourself 9
D Hi I'm 46 I live with my son he's 10 he has a anxiety disorder been diagnosed since the age of 4 I'm now experiencing anxiety 😔 Introduce Yourself 2
S Hello, just was diagnosed December 2019. Introduce Yourself 2
B Hi guys, I’m new to forums. Been diagnosed with bipolar since I was 14. Now 26. Never ever knew these forums existed. Introduce Yourself 17
B I am linda 55 been diagnosed with EUPD recentrly.its taken the 30 years anyone on else here with it.its cripling me right now nd i have no support i Introduce Yourself 2
H I'm a 24-year-old male and I live in East Sandwich, MA. I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder on March 14th, 2019 by my psychiatrist. Introduce Yourself 2
Magenta_Crayon Hello! I love meeting other people that get me & understand how it feels to be bipolar!💗 Introduce Yourself 8
B Bipolar relationship possible? Introduce Yourself 4
firestorm Back from 2013 - Same Post as in Bipolar Forum. Just to be extra polite ;-) Introduce Yourself 3
C Schizoaffective, PTSD, Bipolar with psychotic features, and a host of other non helpful labels Introduce Yourself 6
J Bipolar and struggling Introduce Yourself 4
A New here, need support with my bipolar issues. Quitting risperdal!! Introduce Yourself 5
L Hi, I have social anxiety and bipolar disorder Introduce Yourself 1
B 45 y/o Bipolar. High function, but a constant struggle Introduce Yourself 1
M Hello! Relationship Bipolar...? Introduce Yourself 1
B Hi all, am new here...husband to a great gal who has bipolar Introduce Yourself 3
K Hello, my name is Kate. I have bipolar Introduce Yourself 45
S What is your bipolar disorder symptoms with medication? Introduce Yourself 3
B Hello, new bipolar person here. Introduce Yourself 5
B Brain fog / depression / bipolar Introduce Yourself 22
kilroywashere21 I’ve Been Struggling With Bipolar Disorder Since 2015 Introduce Yourself 1
F Schizoaffective bipolar - have no hobbies. Introduce Yourself 2
M Hi. Bad depression maybe bipolar Introduce Yourself 45
manicmonday Bipolar Bonjour Introduce Yourself 1
A Bipolar, ADHD, Borderline Personality Disorder, Aspergers Introduce Yourself 1
R Diabetes and Bipolar Disorder the perfect storm Introduce Yourself 2
K My Very Long And Worthwhile Journey With Bipolar Disorder Type One Introduce Yourself 2
T What living with bipolar feels like for me Introduce Yourself 3
Wandering2 Reposted From Bipolar Reply; Im New & I think it's a Good Intro to me Introduce Yourself 7
D Alcohol withdrawing bipolar and clueless Introduce Yourself 8
B Bipolar and ECT Introduce Yourself 3
P Bipolar/boarderline personality disorder Introduce Yourself 7
G Bipolar Introduce Yourself 8
Redd77 Serequel for bipolar mixed symptoms. Introduce Yourself 5