• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Mis diagnosed bipolar

S

sheryl Palladino

Hi I was diagnosed Bipolar in 1996. I am an accountant. I had no symptoms of Bipolar and researched this for 12 years. In 2008 I had another psychotic episode. This time I knew the cause and I took my medical evidence to an independent psychiatrist who confirmed that my theory was right.

I was now rediagnosed with organic psychosis as it was due to Lignocaine.
I am well and working and getting on with life.

I would like to hear from anyone else who may feel that they had Lignocaine anaesthetic and then went psychotic? Some dentists use lignocaine which is currently not associated with heath records.

It is recorded in the British Medical Journal.

Thanks

Sheryl

bluenomore

bluenomore

Hi and :welcome: to the forum.

Onlymebud

Onlymebud

Many people have had plenty of Lignocaine without knowing it as its a common cutting agent used in the cutting of cocaine to make more money.
Hence why some stuff will make your mouth really numb if rubbed on your gums, well one of the reasons anyway, theres baby teething powders and others, and in case you think i'm waffling, well lol, trust me i really would know :evil:
I've not heard of it causing psychosis, thats got me wondering if it plays a big part in screwing up cocaine users, hmmm, food for thought, especially as i was a big time coke head for many many years lol.

Anyway welcome, look forward to talking around the boards :tea: