• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Mirtazepine!

lilly666

lilly666

can any one HELP ME! I have had depression or god knows what it is for 12 years and I keep been told there is nothing wrong with me! I ve tried med after med some work for a while some dnt work at all, im currenntly on mirtazepine 30mg but my weird world has started to creep back this week, im getting suicidal thoughts and usual scary things low mood etc, is there any way forward i cant cope any more??????:cry:

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi lilly666 maybe you should go back to the doctors and maybe he could try increasing your dose of mirtazapine I take 45mg of mirtazapine so it can be increased to a higher dose. Sorry your feeling awful :hug:
Messy

lilly666

lilly666

hi

Do you find this dose helps? do u take anything else?
I just want a normalish life, my partner just doesnt get it and his family no nothing about it, my parents and family are a 3 hour drive away, I thought I could cope, but when it comes back I just wish I could climb into a box and shut the lid until I felt fine again. What is your diagnosis? if you have one. thanx for replying. x

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am other meds aswell as the mirtazepine I am on Escitalopram another antidepressant, Depakote a mood stabiliser and Risperidone injections I am finding that all this combination of medication is helping me a lot. Have you ever tried a combination of medications? my diagnosis by the way is BPD and clinical depression.
I can understand how you feel my family is hopeless when it comes to my illness it is ignored like it doesn't exist at all although I have to say my partner tries his best to understand and he has stood by me even though I have put him through some terrible times.

lilly666

lilly666

No I have never been offered to mix and match. i did want to try a mood stabaliser but they just change subject when i ask about it. Do you feel you can lead a normalish life with all those meds or are you spaced out? sorry for all the ? but i dont know where to turn i feel ive reached end of the road i just dnt know wot to do!:cry:
How can I get the doctors to take me seriously? When I was 15 they blamed it on teenage years now IM 27 Its the stresses of life, I have no money worries, have a great family, a big house , a dog and a daughter, I have even felt like this abroad, so what is it?x thanx

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry to hear you have not had much help from your doctors and that they are not listening to you at all, is there any way you could request another Doctor if the one you are seeing isn't helping you at all? I don't know what else to suggest about getting them to take notice of you its taken me 15 years to get a combination of medicines that are working for me and to find come accross a decent psychiatrist too so I can understand how frustrating it is for you :hug:
I have a 7 year old daughter so I manage to function enough to get her to school and do the bits around the house although I do feel kind of numbed by all the meds and quite tired a lot of the time I do sleep a lot. I am sorry I am not being of much help to you
Messy x

B

BP2

Liilly666,

You don't say whether you are under the care of just your GP or a Psych. If only your GP then ask for a referral.

TBH I am quite surprised no-one has tried augmenting an AD with another med of some sort or another.

I also take mirtazapine. Normally just 15mg but sometimes I need to raise the dose for a while especially during the winter etc. I have found it works for a period and then I seem to get "poop out" although less so this time round than when I was on it before.

I also take a small amount of Lamotrigine (only 50mg) which is very good for depression and has few side effects (so long as you do not get the rash). TBH I think the Lamotrigine does more for my depression than the mirtazapine.

Good luck