• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Mirtazapine

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

I've just been prescribed 15mg of mirtazapine a day on top of the 60mg of citalopram I take already. Anyone had any experience of this drug and any side effects, with or without the citalopram? I'm particularly concerned about weight gain.

W

whatstheproblem?

Hey tb, how are you? After bein on citalopram for 2 years thy stopped working so dr put me on mirtaz about 3 months ago instead. Started on 15mg but after 5 days was upped to 30... Wish I could say somehin positive about them but I have to say they really havnt helped me at all (doesn't mean they won't be great for you though)... Supposed to knock you out but I still either sleep for 14 hours or only 2 or 3 and feel exhausted all the time. Also since taking them I find in am hungry all the time - and I really didn't need to put on any weight!! Lol. Going to drs on Monday to see if I can try something else... Shame citalopram stopped working- they were like a miracle for me! Hope they have better results for you Hun, give em a good go :) Atb xx