• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

mirtazapine

M

Madeleine95

I have been on mirtazapine for about 1.5 years and have gained 3 stones so I am coming off. And replacing with fluoxetine and zopiclone for sleep. Has anyone got any info about these new tabs?

I'm really suffering at the minute because I've reduced my mg from 45 to 15 with no other tablets. My head is a roller coaster!

C

Christobel

I was on mirtazapine for about the same time as you, and it really helped my depression, as well as insomnia. However it did contribute half a stone of weight gain, which came off immediately I stopped it.

I have used zopiclone for insomnia, but found my psychosis was getting worse. I woke one morning and felt that someone had slapped me hard across the face. This made me give up zopiclone and go on to mirtazapine.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have been on mirtazapine for about 1.5 years and have gained 3 stones so I am coming off. And replacing with fluoxetine and zopiclone for sleep. Has anyone got any info about these new tabs?

I'm really suffering at the minute because I've reduced my mg from 45 to 15 with no other tablets. My head is a roller coaster!
Can I ask whether you went straight from 45 to 15 or have you got down to 15 gradually?

I withdrew from Mirt over a month and a half and I'll tell you what is was a total bitch for me.

Are you sure the Zopiclone is totally to replace the sedating affect of the Mirt? I'm only asking that because as it's very addictive it shouldn't be used every single day, only when needed or are you having it to cope for a week or so when you finally are off the Mirt?

I personally went from Mirt to Sertraline and that combo didn't work.

I came off Mirt for the same reason, the amount of weight I put on and also because it stopped working for me.

Good luck :)

Marliee x

Agatha

Agatha

Sorry you are feeling so bad. You should feel better in a few weeks if it's any consolation. I hope the new meds work out for you.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
With careful diet and lots of walking I actually lost a stone on mirt but for christmas I bingeing and put half back on, I'm now in the process of looseing again. Its just being so so strict I find hard. I find it good for sleep, is it just the weight that put you off?
I too have heard zopiclone shouldn't be permanent but I saw a service user for two years who was on mirt and zopi each night!!!
Struggling to find a AD that actually helps my mood though :( someone I worked with was on prozac and she really rated it :)

M

Madeleine95

Hi, sorry I wasn't more clear.
I reduced from 45 then to 30 then to 15 over two weeks and next week I'm on nothing and start the fluoxetine and zopiclone mix.
My doc has prescribed 4 per week which really won't help me because what am I meant to do on the other 3 days?!
When I don't sleep well I can't do anything which makes my depression and BPD tendencies worse so it's a vicious cycle atm x

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It can't hurt to try? Zopi's are supposed to be highly addictive and personally I avoid sleepers if I can help it. Do you practise clean sleeping routine? Ie no caffeine sugar late arvo?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Depression Forum 25