Mirtazapine help x

M

Memphis182

Hi. Looking for some help and advice. Had a serious depression with about 4 years ago and was put on citalopram. Felt amazing and thought wahoo I'm cured! Then a few months ago I came crashing back down again. Seems the cirt just stopped working. So...... I was put on mirtazapine 15mg for 4 weeks felt good the first 2 weeks then dropped again so my doc upped me to 30mg of mirtazapine along with my 20mg of citalopram. Again, felt good the first 2 weeks and now, on week 4 I feel so low and depression and is hitting me hard and now I'm struggling again. Should I keep going with the mirtazapine? And is it normal to feel so low this far into taking antidepressants? I feel so scared and lost and don't know what to do x

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

it seems that you have a high threshold regarding drugs and what you are looking at is ever increasing amounts which btw are very hard to come off.

i personally think mitz is horse shit so you must have a very strong constition!

bottom line is depression just doesnt go away with meds all that meds do is squash it further down

M

Memphis182

Thank you for replying. I'm not sure what you mean by constition? I agree that meds aren't always going to be the answer but right now it seems like my best option as I can barely function and am finding really difficult to even go out. X

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Hope you feel better very soon, have you ever tried any therapy as well as the meds?
Take care

M

Memphis182

Hi,
Hope you feel better very soon, have you ever tried any therapy as well as the meds?
Take care
Hi x thank you for replying, yes I've done cbt for anxiety and helped a little bit, I can deal with the anxiety most days but it's the depression and low mood I am struggling with the most.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
It can take up to six weeks for the meds to be effective.
Sometimes combination drug therapy is needed, depression is horrible.
However with the right treatment lots of people do well.
Take care

M

Memphis182

Hi,
It can take up to six weeks for the meds to be effective.
Sometimes combination drug therapy is needed, depression is horrible.
However with the right treatment lots of people do well.
Take care
Thank you x ill give it another 2 weeks before I go back to see thr doc. Fingers crossed this is the worse it'll get and I pick up again

Y

Yodagirl

it seems that you have a high threshold regarding drugs and what you are looking at is ever increasing amounts which btw are very hard to come off.

i personally think mitz is horse shit so you must have a very strong constition!

bottom line is depression just doesnt go away with meds all that meds do is squash it further down
Do you mean strong condition?