• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Mirtazapine and quetiapine

J

Jane2110

I'm 18 and currently taking both mirtazapine (30mg) and quetiapine (100mg) i have found it's made a difference however i still get so anxious in certain situations to the point where sometimes i will have panic attacks (yes less frequent than before but still there) and so i feel like i could definitely benefit from a higher dose of quetiapine been as that's what i take for my anxiety. I've researched it and apparently for anxiety you're allowed to take up to 300mg quetiapine a day however when i last asked my doctor about increasing my dose she told me that I'm on the highest dose possible? I don't have any health conditions or anything like that, but i am diagnosed with selective mutism, autism, anxiety/social anxiety and depression. Why is it that she told me i can't take anymore when i know i can? Anyone have any ideas why this is? Would be appreciated, thank you

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I was on both of those but much higher dose. 45 mg mirtazipine and 650 quetiapine. I would advise keeping on the lowest dose of quetiapine because it does have side effects and i came off quetiapine because of weight gain and lack of emotion and T2 diabetes.
I’m still on mirtazipine and duloxitine max dose, but for anxiety I’m prescribed lorazepam and betablockers to slow the heart rate and i find those both very beneficial and tou dont have to take them all the time.
I suggest you have a chat with your MH practitioner to go thru your options to find what’s best for you