Mirroring a sure sign someone may have BPD?

V

Vs1rh

Hey everyone, hope you guys are having a great day. I wanted to explain a situation I’m in and get some knowledgeable insight on this specific girl. I met this girl through mutual friends and I have a feeling she may have BPD. Every time I’ve seen her there have always been numerous signs that make me question if she’s just likes me a lot or is BP.
First example that comes to mind is mirroring. She literally try’s her best to be similar to me. Don’t get me wrong I’ve had girls in the past mirror me here and there but this particular girl literally try’s to emulate me and thinks I don’t notice what she is doing. An example would be when we both slept next to eachother at a friends party. I woke up to her purposely trying to wake me up by pinching my arm. I woke up and pretended to be asleep and she did it again where she pinched my arm and when I opened my eyes she was in the exact same sleeping position that I was in. It’s not a common sleeping position either and it’s almost like she wanted me to wake up and see her emulating me and think we are matches?
This struck me as odd but I kind of brushed it off, next thing she mirrored me with is my favorite alcoholic drink which is a shot of tequila, splash of club soda and two pieces of lemon. Lately she has been ordering that same drink and pretending that loves it even though I previously heard her say that she doesn’t like tequila. Last but not least she has asked about me from mutual friends some details like where I go to study, etc, I go to specific tea spot to study and even though it’s a 35 minute drive from my house. It gives me the ambience that no other tea spot gives and allows me to get work done much better. She then suddenly out of nowhere tells me how she always drives 35 minutes to a tea spot to study. That’s all I have for now but I’ve only seen her three times before and these were all separate occasions where she has tried to mirror me.

I’m still getting to know this person but this is starting to get me thinking a bit and hopefully I can add more details for you guys to get a better idea.

G

Girl interupted

Why would you think she has bpd?

She sounds like a pretty normal girl trying to get your attention.

A

Allyalz

I not sure that just because she mirrors you it means she has bpd, it sounds like she just wants to try and share interests and have your attention.

Flameheart (was BPDevil)

Flameheart (was BPDevil)

you know if she has bpd if she has been diagnosed with it, otherwise you should probably stop going to these lengths to label someone with it

this is like saying just because someone gets mood swings that makes them bipolar

L

LittleMissNameless

What do you hope to gain from this? Like im honestly curious: are you looking to explain behavior you think is odd? An excuse to break up with her? (Though, you dont really need one) why assume from such a vague expirience its BPD despite the complexity of this disorder? Are there other things she does? Are you just not into her?
Because there are alot of these "does X person have BPD?" and i have a hard time understanding what these threads are proving to people? What are you hoping to get?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T People 3