• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

minor chest stabs

M

matt42069

In may i had my 1st panic attack and since then my everyday life is just awful . Ive always had like minors stabs in heart or pain in chest but it felt liek normal . But after my panic attack after every minor heart sensation or minor stab my body goes into full panic which i cant control , and my stress creates even more of these heart stabs . i thought i overcomed it in summer after my 1st panic attack . but since my last visit to cardiologist its happening again . I dont realy live a healthy life also all i do is proscrastinate which even increases my stress thats smth hrrible is about to happen i dont know how to control it .

P

PropertyCavalier

People often procrastinate because they don't have anything of value to do; I feel the same sometimes. Try to find something(s) you truly enjoy and don't feel guilty for procrastinating. Look after your health in the best way that you can. Try to understand that the thought and fear of panic attacks are often worse than the panic attacks themselves - if you don't fear them, they may reduce. I'm no doctor though. All the best Matt

M

matt42069

I had my hobbies but i lost any interest in them due to anxiety . And its find smth new when all udo is sit in home all day proscrastianting cause u terrifiede of leaving house . I did started exercising a bit it helps a bit to relive stress .

P

PropertyCavalier

Procrastinating is when you put something off. That's not what you're doing - you're struggling to find something that give you value and meaning. Instead of feeling guilty for 'procrastinating', continue to exercise as you are, and try to find meaning. It could be in something small like, read a book, learn a skill or run a certain distance over a month. You're not procrastinating though, you just need to try your best to find things that will help you to feel more fulfilled. Easier said than done I know, but you're making a great, great start!