• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

E

Eigau

After browsing several articles and talking with a man whose daughter recovered fully from her symptoms after a 10 day dose of minocycline, I have asked my dr if I could try it. The dr was naturaly skeptical as she said it was just given for acne. Reports indicate that antibiotics may have anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective affects. So I will report any changes.

I personally believe that this treatment is only effective for certain people (Ie if the occurrence of voices is due to some physical abnormality rather than psychological) and not all voice hearers. I figured that it would be worth a try.

Take care everyone.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Lets hope it is all they say it is. Some sort of miracle drug.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Te, I truly hope it helps you :)

E

Eigau

TBH I don't want it to eliminate the voices I hear as I have such a positive experience with mine and it would be sad to loose that. But I am skeptical and want to see for myself. I really hope I don't eliminate the voices but If it happens I will report that too. I also hope that my sore throat will be fixed too :)

Kerome

Kerome

Well there are 74 different conditions which can cause auditory hallucinations listed on webmd, so it's quite possible some of them can be cured by an antibiotic, and you might have a condition without knowing it. Makes perfect sense to me, and in fact I'm surprised they don't do a wider health check for hearing voices.

E

Eigau

After a few days of taking minocycline, I have noticed that the voices are more clear are a bit louder. They have been asking what will happen to them and whether they will just disappear. But they have been mostly sounding confident and positive. Besides sweating a lot there has been no side effects. 7 days to go.

E

Eigau

Yesterday the usual group of supportive voices was suddenly disrupted by a terrible hostile voice. He was especially aggressive. There was very little interactivity or even ability to be heard by the voice. It wasn't a loud screaming voice, but I could feel it's anger and emotions. It scared me that I suddenly had little to no control. It seemed to be triggered by a card I received from a friend. The words were meant to be comforting but they triggered this angry hostile voice with all it's out of control emotion. I began having a panic attack so tried to lie down to calm down.

A psychological trick I learned was to destroy the card to try and gain some closure to the experience and a little relief. After burning the card I did feel a little better, however it took about an hour to return to normal.

Today, I sense him there but the situation is no where near the ferocity of yesterdays attack. I will continue with the course of Minocycline and report any changes.

Take care, Te

C

cally75

Yesterday the usual group of supportive voices was suddenly disrupted by a terrible hostile voice. He was especially aggressive. There was very little interactivity or even ability to be heard by the voice. It wasn't a loud screaming voice, but I could feel it's anger and emotions. It scared me that I suddenly had little to no control. It seemed to be triggered by a card I received from a friend. The words were meant to be comforting but they triggered this angry hostile voice with all it's out of control emotion. I began having a panic attack so tried to lie down to calm down.
I knew minocycline was given for acne. I was on it a few years & can't say I had any side effects at all. Are you taking any other meds at same time? Sounds unusual that just minocycline are causing this.

It did clear my spots up a treat though as well as a gel I used I forget the name of!
Good luck anyways

E

Eigau

Hi cally, you sound as sceptical as I am of this treatment. I'm documenting my progress daily on my blog. There is a little more info there. Minocycline is indeed used to treat acne, but it has also been reported to have anti-inflammatory and neuro-protective effects. That is where the treatment of voices comes in. So far the hostile voice seems anomalous as the last 17 hours have been uneventful. The same hostile voice was present though much more subdued.

E

Eigau

Hi everyone, this is an update. There has been a lot of chatter over night while sleeping. It felt like I was in a theatre watching the dream while always being the character in the dream, all the while talking with the voices. A new set of voices seem to have arrived claiming to be from heaven and seem to have taken over the primary roles over the voices. They are more serious in tone and authoritative. Will know if this is related to the Minocycline over the next few days or just part of the adaptability of the voices to various changes this week.

Te

C

cally75

Hi everyone, this is an update. There has been a lot of chatter over night while sleeping. It felt like I was in a theatre watching the dream while always being the character in the dream, all the while talking with the voices. A new set of voices seem to have arrived claiming to be from heaven and seem to have taken over the primary roles over the voices. They are more serious in tone and authoritative. Will know if this is related to the Minocycline over the next few days or just part of the adaptability of the voices to various changes this week.

Te
Easy for me to say but ignore the voices. Do u hear them out loud or just in your mind?

E

Eigau

Thanks Cally, Ignoring voices is often detrimental. The content of voices, what they talk about, is often representative of other things in ones life and it's through their content that one finds the way through the voice hearing experience. Ignoring the voices is like not addressing an issue between to conflicting parties. Only through discussion are conflicts resolved. I write these things as part of self awareness.

Perhaps you are of the mainstream medically establish model that seeks to eliminate voices. However, in my opinion, voices are a part of the self, so you cannot ignore nor eliminate them. Medicines have only shown that they suppress the voices which is the same as ignoring them and the voices often adapt to the medicines and become angrier than they were. The primary shift in the established model must start with the approach toward voices.

Take care, Te

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Perhaps you are of the mainstream medically establish model that seeks to eliminate voices. However, in my opinion, voices are a part of the self, so you cannot ignore nor eliminate them. Medicines have only shown that they suppress the voices which is the same as ignoring them and the voices often adapt to the medicines and become angrier than they were. The primary shift in the established model must start with the approach toward voices.
i feel exactly the same way about all psychological/emotional areas - especially regarding altered/non-ordinary states - that they should be allowed to be fully acknowledged, explored, validated, gone into & worked through.

People are terrified of 'madness/psychoses' - & will do anything to control & suppress it all.

i suppose to genuinely acknowledge the inner World & experiences of the 'psychotic/schizophrenic' is far too much of a threat to the Established/ego driven & dominated/conformist World view/picture of reality.

The current Zeitgeist is one of Denial, Suppression, Invalidation, Trivialisation, Ignorance, Hate & Fear.

Blame it all on the brain, as foolish & meaningless nonsense, & administer more drugs.

E

Eigau

Well the ten days are over. The voices have asked that I not do that again. There was a spike in agression on day 5 but things have settled, the political and social structure of the voice changed. They went from having a triarchy to a monoarchy and new and old voices appeared. Overall things are not hostile or negative although the one voice who cause an upset half way through is still present just seems to be more subdued. Well it was an interesting trial, would be interesting to hear what others experience should they try it.

Take care, Te