minimizing stuff and declutter tips HELP

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

Okay so decluttering is good for mental health I'm decorating at the moment half yellow half orange.. each of those are classed warm colours

what ideas do you have of becoming minimalistic??

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

I've binned alot of things
Got rid of 2 coffee table, tall slim DVD holder and will replace them the DVD cases so nice and slim
Going to mount tv and ps3 on wall
Getting a 7foot shelf and do away with all my shelves have a few floating book shelves a Binned most as have a kindle

Any other ideas??

BlueGlass

BlueGlass

ACCOUNT CLOSED
chuck everything out that you haven't used in the last year or 2, except maybe a few sentimental items. that is what I am doing.
my parents redecorated my room whilst I was at uni so it is browny :yuck:

xxx

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

Did have curtain and pole now only have a blind out curtain x

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

chuck everything out that you haven't used in the last year or 2, except maybe a few sentimental items. that is what I am doing.
my parents redecorated my room whilst I was at uni so it is browny :yuck:

xxx
Aww could add cream colours to accessories :) and gold :)

pepecat

pepecat

Yep, I like the chuck out things you haven't used in the last two years.... apart from sentimental stuff, of course. And clothes - i go through my clothes once a year and get rid of stuff i don't wear much. Means i hardly have any clothes, but hey - you can only wear one lot at a time.....

Minimal for me would be keeping things like books and pictures and some ornaments but not much else.... cushions could go and too many soft furnishing things. Paint colours would be greens - to remind me of being outdoors. And wooden furniture - natural things.

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

It does feel awesome to tidy getting rid of stuff

Think I would rebel if told nothing on the walls please and put blue tack on the wall and pole my tongue out :Dd

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

Yep, I like the chuck out things you haven't used in the last two years.... apart from sentimental stuff, of course. And clothes - i go through my clothes once a year and get rid of stuff i don't wear much. Means i hardly have any clothes, but hey - you can only wear one lot at a time.....

Minimal for me would be keeping things like books and pictures and some ornaments but not much else.... cushions could go and too many soft furnishing things. Paint colours would be greens - to remind me of being outdoors. And wooden furniture - natural things.
I was contemplating the green idea and decided that I would go yellow and orange at the last minute and buying twine and dark chocolate colours. Your idea is awesome and I need to go through so much again to make sure I get rid of stuff I don't need to make room for the stuff that can be put in there such as pictures and ornaments that I might want at a later date but right now I don't, hopefully this week will be more of a declutter session rather than decorating will put that on hold :) I'm buying twine and and cream with chocolate colours accessories :)

pepecat

pepecat

One of the things i like about camping, or going on holiday, is it shows how little we actually need to get buy with. Not that i'd suggest living that simply ALL the time, but it's a good reminder of the 'stuff' we accumulate over our lives and often don't give a second thought to.

I read once that every year around Lent, the monks in a certain abbey write a list of all the personal posessions they have and submit it to the abbott, and then things they don't use, or have surplus of, they give away. I'm quite taken with that idea.... again, it makes me think about what I own and what I need.
I quite like that

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

When I first moved in with mum omg I had soooooo much stuff as had almost a household worth inside another house glad mum had a spare room for storage but now I'm decluttering my room more an more til I have almost nothing in it, might even get a single bed eventually :)

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

One of the things i like about camping, or going on holiday, is it shows how little we actually need to get buy with. Not that i'd suggest living that simply ALL the time, but it's a good reminder of the 'stuff' we accumulate over our lives and often don't give a second thought to.

I read once that every year around Lent, the monks in a certain abbey write a list of all the personal posessions they have and submit it to the abbott, and then things they don't use, or have surplus of, they give away. I'm quite taken with that idea.... again, it makes me think about what I own and what I need.
I quite like that
That is awesome I have lots to give away in the spare room is just not selling maybe I will put free to a good home.. is good to give I love giving

BlueGlass

BlueGlass

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I know! the amount of stuff I acquired over just one year, I had to hire a huge van to bring it all home. Which we then crashed on the way back :eek2:

I love using ebay or freecycle, to get rid of stuff. I was going to sell some dvd and games on a cd selling site but for 3 I was going to get 82p! lol

O

onestepbehind

am currently using up toiletries and perfumes etc one by one i had so many nearly finished bottles of things its so satisfying to finish them i wont let myself buy new products till i use the old ones im a nightmare for shower gels always buying more before the last ones run out
also borrow a shredder and clear out old bank statments and pay slips etc i had every payslip from the last ten years was only a little folder but now its gone it feels really good

BlueGlass

BlueGlass

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oh yeah, ive got so many bath set and stuff like that that people give me, going to regift them this xmas. i only like specific stuff for myself so will never use it.
xxx

Jaminacaranda

Jaminacaranda

I'm a minimalist chucker-outer trying to live with a never-throw-anything-away hoarder. Our garden looks like a builder's yard and inside the house looks like a warehouse :low: I like all moveable objects to have a storage area where they can be hidden away and would never buy anything that didn't have ready-made storage space. I have a good method of filing paper-work. I make one pile of it in a corner of the bedroom and then when it's so tall it falls over I put all of it in a bin bag and chuck it. Can't recommend it really - but at least it means I've never had to do any filing (yay!) and so far no harm has come from it!!

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

I started decorating and done half soft orange and the other half a soft yellow, And took down the shelves and planning on getting a 7ft floating shelf and getting rid of all the other shelves, also getting a better wardrobe with more storage, I've binned a rubbish bag full of stuff, got rid of 2 coffee table, a DVD wooden stand as will replace it with a small compact DVD zip up case which holds 320 DVD s, I got rid of my curtains and just have the blind I plan on mounting the tv and dvd player on the wall to free up the unit, to make a more spacious look :)