• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Mindfulness?

A

anxiety viking

Hello!

I would be grateful to hear some experiences of Mindfulness training to treat generalized anxiety. Myself I practise kundalini yoga every morning since two months and think it helps some but feel I need more, and hopefully, stronger tools to tackle my anxiety which keeps me awake at night and creates so much pain in my life. It also kind of stops me from getting into close relationships because they trigger my anxiety to unbearable levels. Love doesn't get the space it deserves.

I don't want to waste my life on anxiety anymore!

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
yes I ve completed the 8 week mindfulness stress reduction course... changed my life. Continue with meditation to..

A

anxiety viking

Mindfulness

yes I ve completed the 8 week mindfulness stress reduction course... changed my life. Continue with meditation to..
Thanks a lot for your reply! The course you are talking about is that the one held/made by Jon Kabat-Zinn?

Today I feel like I am going into a depression as well. Can't sleep, have a hard time focusing on beeing here and now. I guess the Mindfulness course should be good for that too. Maybe I have to go back to taking antidepressant pills, but I really don't want to. It has gone well without them for five months but now it's back in the same old feelings. Gosh, it is difficult to change old patterns. Have you managed to do that?

take care!

A

anxiety viking

How much do you know of Kundalini Awakening, in relation to altered & extreme states?

It is something that I would be personally cautious about.

I had to stop Ti Chi, in part due to the sensitivity I have with the activation of internal energies.

http://www.kktanhp.com/kundalini.htm

Thanks for your consideration . I have briefly heard about Kundalini Awakening but not much. I guess part of the reason to do Kundalini yoga is to get an awakening of the Kundalini/energy within. At least for me. But maybe it can be too powerful and cause problems. I will try to be cautious about that.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Yes it is the jon kabhat zinn course. There is two unis that I know of in the UK that have courses for facilitators of this great course. Oxford and Bangor.