Mindfulness

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

I agree. I believe in mindfulness, am not very good at it but keep at it

Lunus

Lunus

I agree. I believe in mindfulness, am not very good at it but keep at it
Like exercise you have to keep doing it. Constant practice makes you so much more aware. The rewards are huge. 🤗

Parayana

Parayana

Yeah, @Lunus, it works and your right, yhr more you do it, the stronger the mindfulness "muscles" get. I did Anapanasati for an hour and a half this afternoon, that's a personal best forme, I had to stop though, if I became so relaxed I almost fell asleep.

Luci

Luci

I am finding it easier to practise mindfulness day to day but harder in stressful situations. Practise makes perfect right?

R

Ramson mash

Im on a waiting list for cbt and i think mindfulness is something being mentioned with my co.
Thanks for the info Lunus and everyone. I have a clean slate, i am totally ignorant to it. But no doubt will learn more in my journey.
Hope yours is going well. Sounds like some positive outcomes so good work.

Lunus

Lunus

I am finding it easier to practise mindfulness day to day but harder in stressful situations. Practise makes perfect right?
If you keep practicing on the little things you’ll find you’ll be able to use it in stressful situations. I’ve found highly stressful situations have taken up to a week to get back to being mindful but each one you do, you appear to be stronger and quicker handling the next thing. I’ve found doing basic yoga a real help in being mindful as it teaches you to be aware. If you’re aware you become mindful by default.

Lunus

Lunus

Im on a waiting list for cbt and i think mindfulness is something being mentioned with my co.
Thanks for the info Lunus and everyone. I have a clean slate, i am totally ignorant to it. But no doubt will learn more in my journey.
Hope yours is going well. Sounds like some positive outcomes so good work.
I think that mindfulness, coupled with a thing you’ll learn about Radical Acceptance, is the way out of suffering. To me it has been simply amazing. I wish you well.

Luci

Luci

I’ve found doing basic yoga a real help in being mindful as it teaches you to be aware
So strange you've said that! I went out and bought some yoga pants and dug my mat out yesterday :D

Lunus

Lunus

So strange you've said that! I went out and bought some yoga pants and dug my mat out yesterday :D
Excellent! Well done you, that will really help you. 😁

A

Allyalz

I like guided ones and use an app called headspace for the last 3 years. Its the best thing I've ever tried and really helps with anxiety too.