Mindfulness is just Buddhism sold to you by neoliberals

Kerome

Kerome

That is true, I am told I am playing the victim.
Whereas if you were a Buddhist, maybe if you had gotten into it via mindfulness, then that is a habit you would probably have left behind you some time ago. I do wonder if there were a neoliberal agenda to get people into Buddhism via mindfulness, what would be the point? Buddhism’s philosophy is very different from the neoliberalist one.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
people don't play the victim they're the victim of this uncaring society

L

la femme folle

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I don't know about other people but I don't think I can blame anyone else for anything bad happening to me, I just never dealt with things properly, healthily courageously or appropriately. But as I say I can't speak for anyone else.

L

la femme folle

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jeez, folks really don't see how attachment to your thoughts and feelings as real and abiding causes so much pain do you? It's really pointless discussing this with you its just a constant hit of negativity, but it does demonstrate to me the four noble truths.

Personally I'm done with this thread. I don't think I really need this forum any more either, I think I'll ask for my account to be closed. Not because I'm spitting my dummy out, its just so pointless.
Sorry, Parayana, I know I am a bit overnegative, if anyone is bowing out of this thread it should be me.. probably need to try and give advice to others rather than focusing on me, at least in comments on here. I think CPU left for the same reason, amongst other things. I hope he gets back to your e mail. But it would be sad to see you leave because of us, you can block people anyway. :sorry:

Parayana

Parayana

La Femme, Mischief says it will take a while to close my account. Its not you, you are obviously an intelligent woman, its the constant negative, drunken stuff from Rambo and when I remark that I can't tell whether its the drink or him talking it gets removed as a personal attack. If I wanted to get into arguments with alcoholics I would hang around with my drinking buddies. Anyway I've had enough.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
firstly i'm not drunk perfectly sober, am negative i admit not into the positive thinking etc thats what that mindfulness article is about

i do worry regardless of attachment to possessions etc when on the migration to universal credit whether i can live on a bowl of rice and ignore certain things by meditating, reminds me i've just put the elecy fire on in the bedroom ready for meditation

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i may have attacked certain peoples religion but calling me a drunk isn;t nice either, i don't know whether is should be moderated

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

La Femme, Mischief says it will take a while to close my account. Its not you, you are obviously an intelligent woman, its the constant negative, drunken stuff from Rambo and when I remark that I can't tell whether its the drink or him talking it gets removed as a personal attack. If I wanted to get into arguments with alcoholics I would hang around with my drinking buddies. Anyway I've had enough.
I hope you don't leave the forums. Please stay.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

please please please times a thousand don't leave
im devastated if you went love Lu x

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

Sorry that this has happened to you... I know how it feels to get personal attacks, maybe take a break for a week or 2 rather than close your account.

Parayana

Parayana

Ok, I'm not going to quit because you all asked so nicely. :) I've PMed Mischief and asked him not to close my account.

I apologise for insinuating you were pissed as well Rambo, I've not had much sleep and it's made me irritable.

Last edited:
R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Ok, I'm not going to quit because you all asked so nicely. :) I've PMed Mischief and asked him not to close my account.

I apologise for insinuating you were pissed as well Rambo, I've not had much sleep and it's made me irritable.
i apologise as well for attacking your beliefs, i do tend to be negative and it doesn't make me popular, unfortunately i've been through the positive thinking cbt mill, only to experience something else, i feel proffessionals lie and it's not fair on people who for some reaason i feel i should point out the truth, off course it's my truth not everyones

i have a lot of respect for buddhism far more than for christianity