• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Mind, the mental health charity.

L

laceface

Hi,

My name is Grace, and for several years, between the ages of 14 and 19, I suffered from bulimia, and depression. I attempted suicide several times, and at one point, was close to being sectioned.

My recovery has been a long and difficult process, but it is the achievement of which I am, and always will be, most proud.

I always hoped that I would be able to do something to help others when I was better. Now I am well, I have decided to take part in a 100k trek to raise money for the mental health charity, Mind. I am hoping to raise £3000 which can be used to help others who may not have had the standard of care I received myself.

Mind does amazing work, setting up support networks around Britain, providing services such as counselling and therapy, lobbying the government, and representing the views of people who are suffering from a mental illness. Their services are accessible and their work means that they can take some weight off the NHS and cover the shortfall. As a charity, they rely heavily on donations from people like you and me.

I am sure that many people on this forum have themselves been affected by a mental illness, either themselves or a family member, and know how hard it is, not only for the sufferer but for family and friends who can feel so helpless. There seems to be a taboo surrounding mental health issues, and I hope that my contribution to furthering the cause of mental health, may, in a tiny, tiny way, help to eliminate this.

I hope that people may like to sponsor me, a tiny amount, £2 or £3, so I am able to achieve my target. Every little helps! :)

Sponsorship can be made at www.Please report this post using the button below./gracedobsonhughes. It is a safe and secure website, and 28% will be added at no extra cost to you through gift aid.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Love,
Grace

companion

companion

Founding Member
Hi Grace,

I agree totally with all that you say about mind. They are a great charity that provide an invaluable service.

Like you I have my own personal experiences of mental illness and when I at the other end of the tunnel, I too wanted to give something back. I chose to do Social Work and build my own social care website.

I admire you for all that you are doing and I think from what you say that you will be really successful in all that you do and with this 100k trek - I could not do that so very well done for having the motivation and determination to do this.

I wish you success with your trek and look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Take care

Companion

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Hiiiii from another state of mind Introduce Yourself 18
R Looking for peace of mind Introduce Yourself 1
C Intro to myself. Looking for a less lonely place to share maps to my mind. Introduce Yourself 8
H Hey, I’ve got a screwed up mind Introduce Yourself 9
M New and Hoping to Be Able to Relieve My Mind Introduce Yourself 5
L Mind reading Introduce Yourself 3
W Fear of loosing my mind. Staying grounded and distracted by reading this forum. Introduce Yourself 5
S What is wrong with my mind Introduce Yourself 2
R Overwhelmed and feel like I'm loosing my mind Introduce Yourself 12
H Please help I trapped in my mind. Introduce Yourself 15
T I feel like I’ve lost my mind. Introduce Yourself 7
C Scared of my own existence of the mind and conciousness Introduce Yourself 8
S mind chatter in my head and cheating Introduce Yourself 15
O losing my mind Introduce Yourself 5
A Hi. Found this forum in hopes of getting some peace of mind Introduce Yourself 2
S Disordered eating, or lockdown playing mind games? Introduce Yourself 3
S Blurry mind Introduce Yourself 3
A sick of mind Introduce Yourself 2
T And the man on the hill said "Well,this is me, though sometimes I wish it wasn't", and his mind passed forever into eternity. Introduce Yourself 2
I My mind is ruining my life! Introduce Yourself 2
O Burning mind Introduce Yourself 3
T Mind reading stressing me out Introduce Yourself 4
M Hi I’m new. Mind me I’m learning Introduce Yourself 2
BPsmith Don't know where to start lol but i will start by saying hi, and Thankyou for this opportunity to off load this b.s.The battlefield in the mind is.... Introduce Yourself 4
D don't mind me Introduce Yourself 134
J Depersonalization derealisation , anxiety and fear of losing my mind , or going crazy Introduce Yourself 4
B Sadly another new member with things on his mind. Introduce Yourself 14
I I need help before i loose my mind. Introduce Yourself 6
A Terrified that I am losing my mind Introduce Yourself 2
T I'm broken, my mind is just wrong Introduce Yourself 7
D From a twisted mind perhaps Introduce Yourself 6
C changing my mind... Introduce Yourself 3
W Toward A Psychological Theory Of An Interactive Mind Introduce Yourself 5
S Why do I change my mind so quickly and so much Introduce Yourself 17
C I don't even know what I have anymore, and I'm terrified of my own mind Introduce Yourself 14
D Finally caving and joining a mental health forum Introduce Yourself 7
B Trying to avert a mental health crisis… Introduce Yourself 11
A Love and light to everyone trying their best everyday to overcome their mental challenges. I'm new here and I hope this will be my favorite new place Introduce Yourself 8
K Mother's mental health 2 year journey Introduce Yourself 12
M A versatile half-crazy-semisane jobless personality with constantly alternating mental illnesses having encompassed almost all psychiatry Introduce Yourself 5
Ms Individual Hello friends. I have a few mental health battles. Introduce Yourself 5
M Long term chronic mixed mental health Introduce Yourself 12
P I'm having a complete mental breakdown Introduce Yourself 26
M I'm new here.I don't have any mental illness. Introduce Yourself 8
C Partner has mental health issues. Introduce Yourself 17
767s0 Here after a major mental breakdown.... Introduce Yourself 9
T I'm an author and I have mental disorders ... Introduce Yourself 8
J Hello just joined mental health forum. Introduce Yourself 12
S Traveling with Mental Illness: Day to Day Inside Look Introduce Yourself 8
S Hereditary mental illness Introduce Yourself 3