• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

mind reading and ocd

C

cityandcolour1

was just wondering if anybody else on here ever experienced having horrible obssesive thoughts while thinking people are reading your thoughts. all your friends and family, this happens to me all the time and i hate it. it makes you wanna hide and never come out. and whats even worse is i feel like all these people that reading my thoughts they are against me and somehow rub it in my face making me feel like a disgusting horrible person. there are times where i can battle these thoughts and tell them they are just delusions , but then it all comes back full force and it just feels awful.

C

Charl98

Yes , I've always had ocd and it has changed , but now I don't event have compulsions , just believing that either I have Terrets or that it's like the Truman show but with mind reading devises that amplify my thoughts , sometimes I may not believe it but in public situations I do do and no matter what I tell myself I can't not believe it . I don know what I have , the closest things to compulsions is saying in my head that what saying it not true , because why I say is embarrassing stuff and dark thoughts , I don't know what I have maby OCD without the C , or paranoia , or some sort o schitzophrenia , i don't know what I have anymore , sometime I get minor compulsions , but not when I believe I'm talking aloud that's something different , I also get realy sad over things that people say , if I don't agree with something or someone iunintentialy offends me I get realy sad over things , and I get depressed over stuff.

B

Balexmfl

I have something similar a lot. I just start thinking something -anything really- and then think "what if they can hear me? Maybe they can. That's impossible. But no, I think they can so I need to stop thinking this." It's very confusing and stressful.