• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Mind reading and hearing voices

C

Carley

I've been sectioned 13 times. I've met the devil and it ain't nice. But jesus christ saved me. I've ran naked through streets , attempted suicide I'm now disabled. I've seen my family being tortured in my mind and I sent them to hell.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I'm sorry you've been through all this, I'm not a religious person but during my two episodes of psychosis I had what people call hyper religiosity where for a time I believed God was speaking to me (hearing voices), I was the next Jesus and a doctor doing ward rounds in hospital was the Devil (because my voice told me so).

I believe this is not uncommon, in one thread years ago at least 12 of us said we thought we were Jesus at one point.

I also experienced mind reading, I knew what my mother was thinking one night and I verified it with her so I know that was real and not a delusion.

Can you tell me more about your experiences?

I

Inconsiderate

If you're trying to test something like mind reading, and are actually aiming to know the truth, not just confirming your thoughts, do it structurally. Do various tests, with different people. Note down what happens. Think about how you may have obtained true information in a normal way, such as knowing a person well.
Should your theory about mind reading be correct, it can easily be verified. If you document it all it makes it believable.

Linda1989

Linda1989

Wow i ran half naked in the street too only at night, I thought jesus wanted me to.