• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

A

Amberleyleak

I heard about one of the symptoms of schizophrenia, thought alienation include thought insertion

I did have kind of experience but I still have hesitations confirm I'm certainly have schizophrenia symptoms.

Yes I did being recalled most of thoughts or memories/experiences which isn't one I want to recall.

I also see what's my struggle is about - usually those appeared to my mind, they're never happy ones, besides mostly are last ones I want to recall.

Can you imagine it's like a rape - you're being forced to recall or think of whatever you don't want to recall most, its always against your wish, besides difficult to push them away.

I will have a question, is it common of thought alienation usually only unpleasant ones?

If those insert to my mind are happy ones to cheer me up, I might not find it struggling.

Besides not me but I heard about others case : schizophrenia can be caused by long term asperger/depression without a significant treatment, then turn into schizophrenia afterwards which patients never have one before... But I'm not sure if it's correct.

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
"schizophrenia can be caused by long term asperger/depression without a significant treatment, then turn into schizophrenia afterwards which patients never have one before... But I'm not sure if it's correct"

I've never heard about that. Where did you hear that from? Sounds interesting and always open to learn about new theories.

Any way, sad this is happening to you. Have you considered therapy? They help with dealing with these types of thoughts/experiences.

D

Daringdan

Amberleyleak,
I hope you can get some relief from these thoughts. A technique I've been trying is to have a casual attitude with intrusive thoughts. Just watch them float on by like so many other thoughts you have through the day. I know it is easier said than done. I hope this helps.

A

Amberleyleak

"schizophrenia can be caused by long term asperger/depression without a significant treatment, then turn into schizophrenia afterwards which patients never have one before... But I'm not sure if it's correct"

I've never heard about that. Where did you hear that from? Sounds interesting and always open to learn about new theories.

Any way, sad this is happening to you. Have you considered therapy? They help with dealing with these types of thoughts/experiences.

What
Amberleyleak,
I hope you can get some relief from these thoughts. A technique I've been trying is to have a casual attitude with intrusive thoughts. Just watch them float on by like so many other thoughts you have through the day. I know it is easier said than done. I hope this helps.

Darlingdan,

Your method I've been trying for ages before you mentioned, I'm afraid it's too complicated not that easy as expected.

If I can relief like how that belief, I don't think I have a reason to join this forum.

D

Daringdan

Amberleyleak,
Something I haven't tried yet is cognitive behavioral therapy. Sit down with a professional and get coached through better thought processes. Maybe give that a try if you can arrange it. Until then perhaps we here on the forums can help soothe your mind just by chatting and supporting you.

ht46

ht46

For my intrusive thoughts which were based on repressed memories which led to psychosis antipsychotics blocked out the voices I was on a high dose and still suffering from psychosis for years then eventually it got better and I reduced my meds then there was just paranoia or hyper vigilance and depression meta cognitive therapy took away the depression but I still have hyper vigilance. Blocking out events is tough and without help it can lead to psychosis. But I understand what you mean "thought rape" for me it was actually about rape real or not I don't know due to amnesia but these intrusive thoughts can make you unwell. Definitely talk to a Dr or psychiatrist but for me I was exhibiting signs and strange behaviour before the distressing thoughts started.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Amberleyleak,
Something I haven't tried yet is cognitive behavioral therapy. Sit down with a professional and get coached through better thought processes. Maybe give that a try if you can arrange it. Until then perhaps we here on the forums can help soothe your mind just by chatting and supporting you.
Cbt does help. My ex have many sessions if cbt and it really helped her

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

I heard about one of the symptoms of schizophrenia, thought alienation include thought insertion

I did have kind of experience but I still have hesitations confirm I'm certainly have schizophrenia symptoms.

Yes I did being recalled most of thoughts or memories/experiences which isn't one I want to recall.

I also see what's my struggle is about - usually those appeared to my mind, they're never happy ones, besides mostly are last ones I want to recall.

Can you imagine it's like a rape - you're being forced to recall or think of whatever you don't want to recall most, its always against your wish, besides difficult to push them away.

I will have a question, is it common of thought alienation usually only unpleasant ones?

If those insert to my mind are happy ones to cheer me up, I might not find it struggling.

Besides not me but I heard about others case : schizophrenia can be caused by long term asperger/depression without a significant treatment, then turn into schizophrenia afterwards which patients never have one before... But I'm not sure if it's correct.
That might be the case in some instances though i would think its rare. Depression usually follows schizophrenia not the other way round

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

I wish I had more of an answer to this. If you have a therapist or psychiatrist? Did you discuss with him/her about this issue? If so, what did he/she say?

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

At the moment. Lets set aside any labels.

Mental limitations are manifested and experienced differently.

But there is great hope. We are all here to help.

There is a lot of love and support here.

Welcome to our peaceful sanctuary.

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

Ok. Lets start.

Anything I can help you with. Please reach out at any time. I am here at least every two days.

Now. Lets go.

I want to start at the begining.

How did everything start? There is normally a trigger.

A big event that blows out the central processing unit of our brains. Then. Our journey begins.

Our minds are powerful. We are the mutants you see in Xmen comics.

By the way. Who is your favorite?

I have the heart of Wolverine. The style of Gambit. I am always focused like Cyclops. Smart like Beast.

But mostly profound like Charles.

Professor X.

I have a unique background. I have traveled the entire world. I have been through hell several times. But by the grace of God. I rebuilt my life.

I have suffered severely. But it has taught me first hand many human limits. My formal education was a good foundation.

But my self education changed my life.

I built huge businesses. One after another. I was the original Golden Boy.

My downfall taught me more than I could have ever imagined or dreamed of.

This is exactly how I am able to connect with you..

Pain is the universal language.

We are all here to heal.

At our own pace.

Without prejudice.

I realized. I was great at so many things.

But I also embraced that I had much to learn.

I failed over and over again... Really really badly.

But. The Master of the Universe. Granted me a chance to start over.

I never will take that for granted...

What I can tell you for certain is that your brain is super powerful.

The outside world may not fully understand us. Or take the timing; to do so.

But once you get to know us... You will know how awesome we are.

Our challenge is to find what we are best at. And focus completely on that. While we are going through the healing process.

On our own terms.

I have a lot of day to day goals that can help you.

It will take sometime for me to fully understand your challenges. But I will help you.

There are others here as well. Each with creative insights that will help you as well.

Everyone here is chill. Good vibes only...

But. Welcome and God Bless. You are not alone anymore.

I have been off meds and rebuilding for almost 14 years. I became super successful in the process. But I still face challenges from time to time.

Its ok. I power through. No pride. No problem.

Baby steps are ok.

One day at a time.