• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Mind FOG, unable to get over my situation

J

Justfrozen

Since my breakdown in august last my mind has not been working properly. The fog is ridiculous.
I now find it impossible to live as a person. Decision making and confusionhas left my capability.
Sleep is nearly non existent. Personality has gone, Motivation gone, literally just a shell of a person with no self confidence anymore.
Everything I think about is negative. Depression is a horrible thing, but I just want to be able to get on and do what I was once capable of. People are depending on me but I am failing. Docs, meds, therapy, CBT all are no use. Get no pleasure from anything as unable to even watch a tv and enjoy it where my mind is racing. I find even typing this is now a problem as my mind keeps getting confused.
grrrrrrr.

J

Justfrozen

I now have just been sat worrying all day as it took me 3 hrs to try and go out for a walk. through anxiety and confusion. I am now confused about taking a covid test as If I do have it I risk opening a can of worms. But similarly if I don’t do it the same can of worms may still be opened but a little bit later. This is what I mean about confusion. I cant even do this.

J

Justfrozen

My anxiety is through the roof, I don’t know if it’s my mind through lack of sleep, anxiety, depression and new meds.
This constant cycle of day and night with no change in life is seriously painful. My mind wants to explode with all that’s going on in it.
Ive been told to stop worrying or think about something else. I can’t distract myself with anything.

J

Justfrozen

I can’t help myself because my mind will not let it stop going along in top gear. Even just led on bed or sat on the sofa it’s racing . Racing with worry. Surely there must be a worry drug. I was on Venlafaxine for 14yrs but had a breakdown august last year. I’m now on duloxetine and it’s the second week.
However I cannot cope with this brain fog confusion,fear and anxiety. Lack of sleep even with sleeping tablets.
What Do I tell the docs tomorrow when I have an appointment, If I can go as I’m confused now about trying to take a covid test.