• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Mind chatter.

B

bangalore1

The constant narrative of my mind talking to me, round and round on the same anxiety inducing subjects, get very draining. Round and round in circles, i have been like this for many years and i learn to try and watch it rather than listen to it and believe it, although this can happen as well.
I am tired from my mind and beating myself up. I am off to work later and i will try and rest up when i can. I find self care to be very important and to keep getting on with life, not to isolate and stay in to much.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Have you tried Mindfulness? It takes practise initially but in time becomes second nature. It helps with thoughts like this. We have a VERY brief intro on here but you need to look it up and get some books on it. Or look around your area for anyone teaching it.

B

bangalore1

thank you for your post. i have done it for a longtime. I like walking in the forest, that is a form of mindfulness, where i just am in nature.

C

Carpe Mundo

The constant narrative of my mind talking to me, round and round on the same anxiety inducing subjects, get very draining. Round and round in circles, i have been like this for many years and i learn to try and watch it rather than listen to it and believe it, although this can happen as well.
I am tired from my mind and beating myself up. I am off to work later and i will try and rest up when i can. I find self care to be very important and to keep getting on with life, not to isolate and stay in to much.
Ultimately, these thoughts are not from you, and they don't define you. If you separate your self from these intrusive anxiety-inducing thoughts, then you can sit back and watch the thought coming in and out. The loop will eventually slow down to a halt, and then you can think clearly and do everyday things.