• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Mind/Body Tips for Head/Neck Problems.

T

'The One'

Hi everybody, I'm new to this message board, but I have some information I'd like to share with people who may be suffering from mental problems. One problem you might have is that you feel you may have 'left the light' so to speak. Well, to not feel so awful in the day, apart from sorting out the thing that's bothering you, you may want to follow the point in your head round the back of your skull so that you see the 'light you left' some time ago and then allow the light(s) to come together in front of you so that you can focus a bit better. This may sound like gibberish but to someone with a certain mental problem, this may make sense. It makes you feel more comfortable with your body, but to truly take away the problem, it may be a personal thing that you know the answer to, deep down, which is most likely what you have to do to feel better.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, please do not get involved in it, I wouldn't want you to get the problem yourself by getting too involved. Also, I find that you can push heaviness off your head by continually keeping your head forward, tilted and by pushing with pressure from your eyes facing forward, pushing the heaviness off the main top area of your head. It's best to keep your head up though if you are not already affected mentally. I'd like to add that if you are having trouble with keeping your body and head together, you probably need to use your eyes more (hint). You may need to follow a point in your head back so that you look down (or up) so that you can see a bit more comfortably. Also, you could try focusing your one eye in and/or out so that you feel yourself and your view pull out of your problem…

If you feel this is all gibberish, feel free to tell me, and give any comments on the subject.

A

Apotheosis

If you feel this is all gibberish, feel free to tell me, and give any comments on the subject.
:welcome:. Yes I feel it's Gibberish, but interesting; thanks for posting. I do find it comfortable to focus my eye(s) on a point in front of me, looking downwards. & sometimes sit with my head forwards & rest my hands on my eyes. But that is because I have a neck complaint & I spend too much time staring at a computer screen.

T

'The One'

I hope...

I only hope this post will help people, but if my info causes problems, I am prepared to take off this post, so any comments will be helpful...:)

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Well it does not cause offence but I am scpetical about what it would achieve, certain movement can help focus the mind and relieve stress and tension which can alieviate sypmtoms of mental health problems. As for being able to 'pull you out of them' I think this is a rather sweeping statement and a little unrealistic.

T

'The One'

Very True...

Very True, I agree with you on that now certainly. :redface:

T

'The One'

Also...

I know, you can't just pull out of your problem, of course it's not as easy as that, I know that it's not easy at all in fact, some of these things just help to make it feel not as bad, but then for example you may have a problem whereby none of these tips may help you, you know. So it's trial and error with some of these tips.

T

'The One'

Good to meet you

Good to meet you by the way! :)

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Pleased to meet you and :welcome:to the forum.... I do think movement and exercise can help with sypmtoms a great deal . I have found certain activities uselful while suffering with depression... there is plenty of research to support this increasing serotonin lvels without drugs in mild to moderate depression.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tamziie93 Other 1
Tamziie93 Other 1