• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Milestone!!!

Apple Star

Apple Star

I'm so proud of myself, for the first time since I started trying to recover from ED in Febuary, and having regular councelling sessions, I've managed to put weight on!!!

In the past few weeks, I've managed to put on about 5 pounds on, and I am now 7 stone!!! I'm so preoud!!!

It was frustrating at first, when the weight wasn't coming on even though I felt I was eating more and excercising and purging less, and people aroung me couldn't tell if I was actually getting better, despite the huge mental leaps I made. But now I'm really proud, and I've made real progress :)
The first few pounds are the hardest.

I just needed to say this, to say how amazing it is I've gotten this far!!! It's a little scary, but people around me, especially my boyfriend, are really encouraging and supportive, and now I have an excuse to congratulate myself with a treat! Heehee! :p

Thanks for reading this, I hope you can all congratulate your own victories and milestones! :) xx

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Well done Apple, thats a great acheivement - keep eating sweetcheeks!!

S

*Sapphire*

That's an amazing acheivement apple, congratulations!
Having suffered with an ED for many years I know how hard it is to take those first few steps and change your behaviours! So can really appreciate the efforts you have made!
Yes the first few pounds are the hardest and there will be peaks and troughs to come, but you are fighting it now - keep on keeping on because it is worth it! I'm at a healthy weight now, and i feel so much better for it, and never looked back, recovery is possible! Treating yourself is a great idea, I had treats for every milestone I reached like getting my hair cut and dyed, going to see a place I hadn't been to before and ultimately a holiday. It is so good to have those incentives to keep you going! Well done! :clap:

K

kt456

That's fantastic well done! You should be really proud of yourself :)

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Fabulous and well done!! :clap: