• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Mild narcissism

T

Thisisme373

I do notice i try to control peoples perception of me, I need to stop that, it’s unhealthy. In a way I think sometimes I try to be too nice. I need to try relax more and stop worrying. It’s very difficult though as I’m sure many others know.

GretaVon

GretaVon

I'm a 3 I think even though I qualify as a 4. I also have BPD with high ASPD traits though, so that could complicate the NPD stuff.

To the very few people I deeply love, and to animals, I'm a 1. An empath. And to many people I have high cognitive empathy, but very low / no affective empathy.
You don't have NPD. How did you get that diagnosis?

GretaVon

GretaVon

From a psychiatrist and a psychologist.
I guess the shortcomings of the standard model are being laid bare.

Tell me this if you will. Have you ever apologized for an infraction or admitted you are wrong about something without feeling you are forced to do so?

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I guess the shortcomings of the standard model are being laid bare.

Tell me this if you will. Have you ever apologized for an infraction or admitted you are wrong about something without feeling you are forced to do so?
Rarely. I am never FORCED to apologise, but on the rare occasion I get caught doing something wrong, I'll apologise simply to get out of trouble. Otherwise, I couldn't care less.

I'll freely admit I'm wrong if I am actually wrong. Nobody's right all the time. lol.

I never said I believe I have NPD by the way. I just said I satisfy the diagnostic criteria. I don't have all the aspects though. I am self aware, can admit when I'm wrong, and I don't believe people are jealous of me, and nor am I jealous of them.

GretaVon

GretaVon

Rarely. I am never FORCED to apologise, but on the rare occasion I get caught doing something wrong, I'll apologise simply to get out of trouble. Otherwise, I couldn't care less.

I'll freely admit I'm wrong if I am actually wrong. Nobody's right all the time. lol.
On the basis that you're being honest, it is pretty much impossible you have NPD. The narc is never wrong.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

On the basis that you're being honest, it is pretty much impossible you have NPD. The narc is never wrong.
And yes, again, I agree with you that I don't have NPD.