• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Migraine auras after stressful periods

Louizard

Louizard

Title says it all: some months my panic disorder gets worse, and during those weeks I am constantly tense, overthinking, feeling dizzy and all of that.
When my body and mind finally rest, I get an aura (when your vision gets temporary blurry) followed by a strong migraine episode that will last days.

Should I worry? Also, what can I do to prevent this?

Catty5

Catty5

If you are on any med, it’s better to call a doc for consultation to make sure if it’s not the reaction of med.
I hope your headache was gone now.

Louizard

Louizard

If you are on any med, it’s better to call a doc for consultation to make sure if it’s not the reaction of med.
I hope your headache was gone now.
Sounds reasonable, although this problem is fairly recent and I've been taking the same meds for years now, weird...

Catty5

Catty5

is your med working since you say your anxiety/panic attacks are getting worse.
Please ask your doc for med re-evaluation.

R

Reecandoit

I get auras before my migraines but not sure if related to my panic attacks. I’ll have to pay attention next time and see. My auras are a zig zag in left eye, continuous yawning, or a major dizzy spell with double vision.

Louizard

Louizard

I get auras before my migraines but not sure if related to my panic attacks. I’ll have to pay attention next time and see. My auras are a zig zag in left eye, continuous yawning, or a major dizzy spell with double vision.
My auras are pretty much loss of vision for about half an hour, then the dizziness you mentioned.
What I noticed is that I get migraine auras after panic attacks, when the stressful period is over and my head finally "lets go", I don't know how to explain it, but maybe you can notice it too.