• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

might Propranolol be a good option to try for anxiety

D

detour1

Hi for 5 days now i have a sore rib bone and i am nervous and scared about it i am always on the internet looking up the symptoms and i getting very scared. Today I had tons of symptoms ,thinking i might have one of these conditions

Like tiredness weakness slow walking
sore rib bone that seems to be hurting if i work more
some pains like near my middle of my hip ,side of my belly or backside but goes way in a few mins ,lower back pain that took a long time to go away but went away

some hungry cramps that seem to go away after eating

going to the bathroom more often

just like flu like symptoms

Also Startle easily a little shaky after

I am also going to urgent care today getting the sore bone check out

Foxjo

Foxjo

I have been on Propranolol for anxiety and it really helped me until i became allergic to it (irritated my asthma). So it could be a useful drug for you to try.
Are you getting any talking therapies for your anxiety? I know this too helped me a lot to challenge my anxiety.
Let us know how you get on at the urgent care centre.
Hugs
Fox

M

Mix-Tape

Hi for 5 days now i have a sore rib bone and i am nervous and scared about it i am always on the internet looking up the symptoms and i getting very scared. Today I had tons of symptoms ,thinking i might have one of these conditions

Like tiredness weakness slow walking
sore rib bone that seems to be hurting if i work more
some pains like near my middle of my hip ,side of my belly or backside but goes way in a few mins ,lower back pain that took a long time to go away but went away

some hungry cramps that seem to go away after eating

going to the bathroom more often

just like flu like symptoms

Also Startle easily a little shaky after

I am also going to urgent care today getting the sore bone check out
Hello Detour.
I was on Propranolol for 12 months and it does help with anxiety and anxiety attacks, I am now taking Citalopram which is an anti-depressant and I find this is better overall then Propranolol but everyone reacts differently to these drugs so ask your doctor if you can try other alternatives if Propranolol is not effective for yourself. :)

Seachad

Seachad

I have been on Propranolol for anxiety and it really helped me until i became allergic to it (irritated my asthma). So it could be a useful drug for you to try.
Are you getting any talking therapies for your anxiety? I know this too helped me a lot to challenge my anxiety.
Let us know how you get on at the urgent care centre.
Hugs
Fox
Propranolol can be a problem, if one has asthma. Luckily, it doesn't seem to bother mine. (I'm on it for migraine prophylaxis, rather than anxiety.) They took me off of it, for a while, because I have asthma, but eventually put me back on it, as the replacement (I forget what it was, now,) didn't work so well and I'd been on Propranolol for years, previously, without incident.

Sadly, it doesn't seem to have much affect upon anxiety, in my case. (But then lots of medications don't work the way they're supposed to on me -- I've a weird metabolism.) But as it does seem to help prevent migraines, I'll happily continue taking it.

Hoping that detour1 has good news from the urgent care clinic.

Chopsy

Chopsy

I have used propranolol short term for migraine, it did seem to give me a noticeable sense of 'ease' & a slight feeling of 'well-being' within 30 mins. of taking the medication every morning.

I stopped taking it, as it stopped working for keeping my headaches at bay, also later i was getting un-wanted side effects: lethargy & it was also making my low blood sugar symptoms worse.

My grown-up daughter has had a few bouts of strong rib pain, but as of yet she has not visited the G.P. to get a diagnosis for this.

Hope you manage to get the help you need to ease your symptoms :hug1:

D

detour1

Hi
i went to urgent care and everything is fine heart chest gallbladder all i have is costochondritis which told me to rest and no heavy lifting