• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Might be a Paranoid Schizophrenic, looking for friends

H

Habs

Hi hope you don’t mind me asking but did it take a long time for you to realise you were ill ,wondering if my other half ever will? How long did it take for your diagnosis as my partner takes quetiapine for now but he thinks it’s for stress, he hasn’t been given a diagnosis yet, well that’s what he tells me!

Micsodi

Micsodi

Hi hope you don’t mind me asking but did it take a long time for you to realise you were ill ,wondering if my other half ever will? How long did it take for your diagnosis as my partner takes quetiapine for now but he thinks it’s for stress, he hasn’t been given a diagnosis yet, well that’s what he tells me!
For me, it's still hard, I needed to be told so, after four years, and I still didn't believe it. Sometimes I think I just have some uncommon ability, I search for a meaning behind it, or anything that would help. Taking the medicine is a must, I know that, but as for being ill, I still don't see myself ill, just different. Also, I read it somewhere that quetiapine could be prescribed for insomnia too, so I'm not sure if your partner couldn't be taking it for stress.

Cyborg101

Cyborg101

After talking with my therapist, she very much alluded to the fact she thinks I'm a paranoid schizophrenic but wants me to see a psych first so I can be medicated need be, but I am worried about this new chapter in my life.

I was wondering if anyone would like to be friends to help support me through this time? or at least answer some questions since its all so new for me? thank you all 💕
Hi vulch how are you doing? I’m new to the forum and have been diagnosed but I don’t believe my diagnosis and I’m against taking medication as I had piled the weight on me. I was 12st I’m now 18st.

K

karl7

After talking with my therapist, she very much alluded to the fact she thinks I'm a paranoid schizophrenic but wants me to see a psych first so I can be medicated need be, but I am worried about this new chapter in my life.

I was wondering if anyone would like to be friends to help support me through this time? or at least answer some questions since its all so new for me? thank you all 💕
i f youre looking for friends try a mental health club.....these are places where mentally ill folk can go to participate in activities like art creative writing drama, yogaa or grpoup therapy....or else just drop in for a coffee abnd a chat.....just ask you r mental health team.....mental health clubs are sometimes known as clubhouses

L

Lab rat

Hi and welcome to the club! I’m paranoid schizophrenic

M

MarthaDD

my son is paranoid schizophenic and is on Paliperidone 100mg monthly injection. He hates it, almost cries when time to go for next injection. He is 22. Claims his muscles hurt etc. Claims it makes him fat. He is not fat at all, quite muscular still actually. It is a sad situation as i don't know how to help him since he denies his diagnosis and doesn't think he needs meds. I hope they find a medication that works well for you as they really seem to help with the delusions and paranoia.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Im schizophrenic, be here for questions etc.

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

We are all here. Anytime.

I land on this planet every few days at least.

Welcome to our peaceful sanctuary.

God Bless you.

D

dr1981c

I cant make a friend this happens from childhood and. As the time going forewardthe fact to make friend its impossible. The year that i have it was vrry doonfrom2002 impossible we just working at the same place. Now it's impossible to get s friend fromine sceptical. I was disgnosed witn f20

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i think my old diagnosis was hebephrenic schitzoprenia negative symptoms predominating over 40 yrs ago, i've taken drugs for it ever since they leave you in a borderline fir for work state were your not really runnning on all cylinders that combined with the stigma of a schitzoprenia diagnosis makes work almost impossible

then on the other hand theres an increasingly punitive welfare system in britain, were to have enough money to live on your required to prove extreme disability. and i feel the drugs do zap symptoms a lot

last i heard the diagnosis was residual schitzoprenia? i find that question mark worrying and wonder how it'll effect the claim

then without work your doomed to live in social housing, the druggies alkys criminals and you all together,

i wish now i'd made some attempt to come off drugs, if i had been sectioned well one social worker said help is only for those who've been sectioned and i doubt you've ever been sectioned

i haven't even brought up the way women treat me as i'll be called sexist

Last edited: